Adam's Leather Conditioner Issue

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by ouhockeyplayer, May 5, 2016.

1. ouhockeyplayer

ouhockeyplayer Virgin Detailer

I applied Adams leather conditioner to the side bolsters on my seats and I have noticed that I am getting some odd discoloration in the areas closest to the center of the seat or near the Alcantara. Basically it looks like those areas are still dark from a fresh application and the rest of the bolster looks lighter. I usually wait 24 hours before driving after applying the conditioner and I've tried both methods of wiping after application and not wiping the area down. I'm assuming this is due to where my body contacts or rubs on the bolsters but I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas or other products that will get me a uniform look

[​IMG]

2. ouhockeyplayer

Thinking about using a cleaner to remove the Adam's product and trying something different like Kenotek leather cream.

3. The Guz

The Guz Member

Perhaps it was removed when your body made contact with it. Or the material absorbed it all on. Clean it again and give it another go.

4. ouhockeyplayer

Thanks. I've tried a couple times and always get the same result. I can get the color pretty much uniform with additional applications, but the following day after a drive into work it looks like that again. It definitely has something to do with my body making contact with the bolster. I'm not sure if the Adam's stuff is too greasy and not being absorbed properly or what. I've even wiped it down with a microfibre after application and that did not help.

5. The Guz

The Guz Member

I never had it appear or feel greasy. I have typically followed with a light buff using a microfiber towel or flipping the applicator to the other side to remove any excess product.

How does it look on the other seat?

Adams does offer a 110% return policy on their products. Maybe they can offer some assistance on their forum as well.

6. ouhockeyplayer

The other seat looks perfect because no one rides in the car with me.

7. The Guz

The Guz Member

It sure does sound like it's being wiped off by the contact of your body compared to the other seats that don't see much use. It's strange that it is not drying on the surface even after you lightly buff it.