Adam's Fire Hose Nozzle

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Bunky, May 29, 2012.

1. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I ended up getting the Adam's Fire Hose nozzle during the last sale from Phil. I tried it out over the weekend and I was really impressed. It is expensive ($50) but I was going through the spray nozzles (they break, leak, etc) and decided to try something different. The Adam's fire hose nozzle is very well made, heavy, and has a nice feel. It looks very durable.

I had previously purchased a fire hose nozzle from Phil (not the Adam's model that he sells) and was not impressed to being useless so I never used it but the real difference this time I was using it away from home. I happened to have both with me when I was using the Adam's and go to use side by side. I learned something very important to fire hose nozzles - it is less about absolute pressure but more important for water flow (gallons per minute). There is a more dramatic difference in how fast can each fill a bucket (at least 2x difference).

At the other location this weekend, it was hooked to an outside faucet that ran directly from the well pump but pressure would be between 40 to 60 psi (range of pressure regulated by holding tanks). The water line is a 1-in line and the water flow was amazing despite not over the top water pressure. The adam's performed great but then I switched back to the one I got from Phil (forget the brand) and it did much better than it did at my house. The Adam's did produce better flow patters (jet to spray) but the other one did a very good job.

I got back in town and tested at the Adam's on my house water. The pressure should be around 50 psi (not on well) but the water flow is a lot less due to the whole house filter system and likely inefficient run to the external faucet. The Adam's still did a decent job of generating nice patterns with some force but just not as far or same water flow so it performed much better than the other one in the same conditions - now tolerable.

The net is Adam's seems to be a good performer in both situations but the much less expensive one from Phil will also do a good job when it has sufficient water and possibly better pressure. I will keep one from Phil at the other location for now since it is now more than capable in new location.

Once again: your mileage will vary.