Adam's claybar?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by pektel, Aug 14, 2008.

1. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm about to place a nice order from DD (thanks phil!) and am wondering which claybar I should purchase. I have Adam's selected right now, but I don't know if I should buy that or the Uber claybar.

Which one should I purchase?

2. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I have used Adams clay before and it is decent stuff. I like the yellow clay from eshine but if you are in the US, you can't buy it - patent issue.

3. pektel

Adam's it is then. Thanks!

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Adam's is a but more aggressive.

Ubar is less aggressive./fine.

5. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Doesn't Adams have different colour clays?

6. pektel

Hey phil, is the uber claybar similar in agressive"ness" to the meg's claybar that they package into a kit? The only one's I've used are that one and the one in the Mother's Kit. I was not a fan of the mother's claybar, as it was way too soft, and seemed to leave trails on the paint surface. I'm hoping that the Adam's is not like that. The more aggressive clay is actually better for my next detail. 2002 Chevy Silverado that likes to go where a truck is made to go.

7. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

The uber blue is a great clay!

8. pektel

have you used the Adam's clay, FMINUS?

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yes, I would not make a comment otherwise :p

10. pektel

And... is there any type of comment on it (Adam's) specifically? Or simply you would reccommend Uber over the Adam's. If so, why?

11. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

How does it compare to Sonus green?

12. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Adams Clays:

Yellow - Original (Widely considered the best)
    Gray - Replacement for Yellow.
    Purple - Replacement for Gray as many people said gray was too harsh
    Blue - Replacement for Purple cause people didn't like it, closer to yellow than the Gray. Finer than the Gray.

This is from a discussion I had with an Adams Salesguy...

13. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I use Adam's clay on cars that I know I'm going to polish with a medium cut polish or greater after claying. It will smooth out a paint surface like a hot knife through butta. Never really became a big fan of the purple stuff. Was kind of a pain to work with by little parts breaking off and it was almost impossible to remove off yoru fingers.

14. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I HATED the Purple clay... The gray is very nice, and I have yet to try the blue...

I've got a touch up comming due on my car that I'm planning on a clay/PO85rd/wax... I should probably get a finer clay... Hmmm....