Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner vs Chem Guys Nonsense 20:1 - round 1

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Bunky, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

This was an impromptu decision to compare as I was cleaning mats.

I was trying out some Chemical Guys Nonsense diluted it 20:1 per the label instructions. At $12 and could be diluted 20:1, I wonder if it was an effective product at that dilution.

After a quick use on the first carpet without any great results, I decided to compare two sections on a second mat with Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner which also is a non-scented cleaner. This may or may not be a fair comparison given the cost difference.

The Adam's was used full strength.

[​IMG]

It is pretty obvious which cleaned better (actually better than really shows in the pics) and not surprised given the 20:1 dilution.

My conclusion really is CG Nonsense appeared to have very modest cleaning ability at 20:1. I will try CG straight and compare it soon.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Try CG straight.

3. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

My two go to products will always be Folex and Adam's. I'm a firm believer if its not broke don't fix it.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Same here. Love me some Folex although I really liked using the Sonax upholstery cleaner also. Smelled really fresh.

5. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

ditto

6. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

Thanks for the love guys!!

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Folex FTW, you can get a gallon of it for 15.00- 20.00 at any petstore...........

8. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

+1 they both work flawlessly

9. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Also a huge fan of Folex and Adam's carpet cleaner, both are great products.

10. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I'm a huge fan of LA's Totally Awesome APC :) dirt cheap and it works and can be used in a carpet extractor.

11. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I plan to do that. Given my results, I am not sure how CG came up with 20:1 as starting dilution but then I usually do not like their dilutions for soaps. It is great marketing to promote economy if the user is not particular.

12. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I will say that I've had great results with Zep Citrus on really heavily soiled carpets. Would I use it on a high-end car? Probably not. But given how many trashed daily drivers I get, it's a must for my arsenal.

13. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

14. ShadowTheory

ShadowTheory Virgin Detailer

CG nonsense diluted 10:1 would probably be enough. I used pure concentrate a few times. The first time I did it on my dads truck it covered the towel in crap. I wasn't wearing gloves :(

15. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I need to get me some of that, I've heard lots of good things about it. Is it an OTC product?

16. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

Yes..Walmart, Target, Home depot should all have it.

17. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Dave Fermani turned me on to some AutoMagic stuff called EZ Clean HD, that stuff you dilute 32:1 and it works! I bought a gallon at a "fire" sale at a local CarQuest that was no longer carrying AM, I figure I have enough to last 5 generations. Get the 16 oz size and try it out, it's cheap and works. Next, I like Majestic Solutions Tidal Wave at 10:1. I have some CG stuff and just haven't used them enough to offer an opinion yet.

18. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I tried Nonsense straight this past weekend and still did not clean better than Adam's. They both do not seem to leave the carpet sticky. My experience is Chem Guys has lookalikes as Adam's but definitely not as concentrated in my opinion despite similar appearance/smell.