adams carpet and upholstery cleaner any good?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by cleanfiend, Aug 18, 2011.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

hey guys, i havent posted around here in a long while and havent been able to keep up with products lately.

my car has cloth seats and i need to get a small, stain out of the passenger seat that has been bothering me since for the past year or so.

The stain is from a little bit of ice cream that a friend of mine had dropped onto the seat. i dont own an extractor, so im just going to stick with sprayable cleaners. my main concern is to be as gentle as possible when removing this.

while searching DD i saw the adam's carpet and upholstery cleaner and it sounded promising. Is this a good product or are there other ones that you guys would recommend?

thanks for all help and suggestions

2. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

I personally use Folex. You can get it at lowes or home depot for $15 a gallon. It's the best carpet and fabric cleaner I have found.

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I can tell u that I have been using it for years and find it to be an amazing product

4. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

good stuff, doesn't smell, doesn't foam, just spray on, agitate, wipe with microfiber cloth.

5. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

agreed amazing product even better then folex...my only gripe is i use alot of it takes about 5-8 onces to do a full car....but thats not a concern for you. if your just doing one spot try the folex first

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Haven't used Folex, but Majestic solutions extraction plus works extremely well even when dilluted 10:1. Works best with JUST BOILED HOT WATER. I heard adams carpet cleaner is pretty good too, but I never tried it.

7. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

thanks for all the replys guys. Ill go ahead and throw that in an order tonight along with some stuff for my gf's car. I havent been disappointed by any adams products so far, and i bet this one will not ruin that trend.

btw....i havent been on db in a good year or so...and im wondering if anyone else finds it difficult to follow the most recent threads/posts thing on the front page? i find it odd that it shows multiple posts on the same thread and that the title of the thread is in the middle.

8. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Does't smell, doesn't foam. I don't know. I've had better luck with 303 spot remover. I had bought a big gallon of it and used it only once or twice.

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

10. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

I'd say that our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is easily one of our most under-rated / over-looked products, definitely impresses me the things I've seen it remove without much effort. Stains that I am almost certain will not come up end up removing pretty easily with nothing more than a brush/towel method.

11. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

It is a really under rated product . It works wonders. It is a main stay in my arsenal of products.

12. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

The video on their website looks pretty convincing. The price is cheaper than a lot of their other products as well.

13. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i bought a gallon just used the rest up today actually. its a good product. its just like flolex spary and wipe or brush and wipe methood works well with this product. i use it with my steamer on seats and floor mats and it does great with the steamer. i really cant tell much of a diffrance between this and folex. both work great.

14. extrabolts

extrabolts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Adam's carpet is better than Folex - I've tried both head to head a number of times. It is the best carpet cleaner I've used. Having said that, I don't buy it anymore because it is too expensive at three times the cost of Folex. Folex works fine for maintenance cleaning, and if anything is seriously in trouble I break out the LGM.