Adam's Car Wash vs. Optimum Car Wash

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by newbie001, Oct 20, 2010.

1. newbie001

newbie001 Birth of a Detailer

Any recommendation on using one vs. the other? Or give-or-take they're about the same? I'm a newbie with a black car so need all the lubrication I can get when doing a wash...

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I heard that Lusso Autobath is the best soap for black paint. I still have yet to try it though.

3. dave_zok

dave_zok Guest

I have lusso, optimum, and I have adams. I dont see any differance except i dont feel bad using Adams in my foam gun because its half the price. I would say Adams. I think they all give a great amount of lubercation.

4. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

You simply can't go wrong with either Adam's or Optimum Car Wash....both are great car wash soaps that are easy on thee wallet. At first I was taken back that Opt is 1oz/gallon on the label but I contacted Optimum and Ghodoussi (sp?) himself replied saying it's a misprint they never corrected, and that 0.3oz to 0.5oz per gallon is the correct ratio.

Either soap I use, I put about 2oz for 3 to 3.5 gallons of water and both provide nice suds, slickness, and cleaning. I will have to give the nod to Adam's for suds but the difference isn't by much.

5. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

both great . latley ive been useing adams alot. infact i want to get some more.

6. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

from what ive read optimum is the way to go

there is alot of discussion re lusso autobathe vs everything else, and i do use lusso religiously on a solid black car that swirls in the wind - i find it has excellent lubrication and i really like the coconut smell, makes the washing experience more enjoyable for me

every optimum product ive used so far has been excellent so i wouldnt expect any less from their car wash

im currently using DG for wheels/underbody and as soon as that's finished ill give the optimum a try

i pre soak with DP Xtreme Foam in my Foam Gun and rinse off - with lusso i dont need to have the car full of suds to wash as it has enough lubrication on it's own

7. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I like Optimum the best of soaps I have tried. I have never used Adam's. A gallon is the same price.

The problem is the actual recommended dilution is 1/2 oz (or less) Optimum to gallon not 1 ounce to gallon as marked on the label on the bottle so it is much more cost effective than it appears.

8. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

theres so many great shampoos out there. pinnacle/lusso/adams optimum/ megs gold class.

9. Wss03

Wss03 DB Forum Supporter

Lusso is excellent and I also like Optimum.

10. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

love opt, the opt and powerlock combo makes it fun to wash cars you feel no friction on my uber sheepskin mitt...just glides across paint and rinses down to just a few drops on vertical surfuces

11. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Another one for optimum soap. Affordable, good lubricity, lots of suds, good cleaning power without removing protection. I'd like to try lusso as well but until it becomes more affordable, I'll continue using opt. Maybe a groupbuy *winkwink :)

12. newbie001

What's the 'opt and powerlock combo'?

Thanks!

13. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

sealing with powerlock and washing with opt car wash

14. newbie001

Ah, thanks!

15. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

I use Adams in the Foam Canon mostly, but I do love Lusso. In my eyes, either one of the shampoo's you mention are great.

What ever you use, please pay attention to ratios.

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

pinnacle is great i have a gallon. very similer to lusso looks smells and works the same.

17. SC4Boy

SC4Boy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'd also like to throw in a vote for the OPT car wash as well. It cleans up very well and has nice lubrication to it. Im going to get ONR to compare the cleaning abilities