adams car wash....drying on car?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by nyrep1, Jun 19, 2011.

1. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

was watching one of adams videos where he sugest allowing the soap to dry on the car and rinse the whole car at once to "soften" the water......anyone actually do this? and if you have is this only with adams soap...what about ocw or mgs?

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I've done this multiple times with a lot of different soaps. There's quite a bit of soaps that if you let sit in the sun will rinse off cleanly without any problems of spotting. One of my favorites is Prima Mystique.

3. dave_zok

dave_zok DB Forum Supporter

I think what they were gettting at is to not rinse the car until you are ready to dry. The point is that you would much rather have there suds dry on the car than hard water.

4. co78

co78 DB Forum Supporter

i use adam's car wash, when the soap drys, and I rinse it off, there are no water spots on the paint. It does soften the water.

5. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

wow ok going to pickup a bottle to test this...i have really hard water here and its super hot so will see what i get. going to try with some ocw too

6. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

From my experiences with multiple brands of soaps, I would agree letting stay on the paint seems less risky than leaving water on the paint if you have problems with drying. I just have not pushed the limit yet but I think I will try it on a victim.

7. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

True talk.