Adam's Car Wash Dilution & VRT?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Emile, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Hi Guys,

I picked up a 16oz of Adam's Car Wash and a 16oz of Adam's VRT today. What is the dilution ratio of Adam's Car Wash? Directions just say to squirt one ounce of product onto the wash pad and then fill a bucket 2/3 with water.

1.) What is the actual ratio, 1oz per how many gallons of water? I use 5-gallon buckets and usually fill up in the sink and add my wash media once I am ready to start washing.

2.) Do you guys do what Adam's say, and wash the whole car and then rinse everything off at the end? I dunno how comfortable I am with car wash soap drying up on my car since I take my sweet time while washing.

3.) VRT - does it have any cleaners?

Thanks,
    Emile

2. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Guest

Play with the ratio on the soap a little see what you like best. I hesitate to make specific recommendations b/c everyone is different. I tend to go heavy on the soap just b/c I like a very slippery lather mix, I've seen some people go much lighter than me on the soap ratio... its really more a matter of personal preference. Also, keep in mind that we do this stuff as a "weekend warrior" type of detailer would use it, we're not metering out specific and exact measurements of soap to water, its all an approximation.

As for the fear of soap drying on the paint, its far better to have minerals suspended in soap than just straight water drying on your finish. In an ideal world you wouldn't let ANYTHING dry on your finish, but if you don't have a choice the pH balanced mixture of our soap has far less potential to do damage than just straight ground water.

The VRT has no cleaners. It is purely a dressing for vinyl, rubber, plastic, etc.

3. Emile

Thanks, Dylan. I will play around and see how it does. The gallon size is priced nicely so if it's good, I plan on buying a gallon and using it as my summer wash soap.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

I USE 3PUMPS from my gallon container. filled half way.. i do this with allmy soaps..

5. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Will a higher concentration of solution strip wax?

6. Bunky

Bunky Guest

You do not see many recommending this. There is a lot of folklore associated with detailing techniques so old habits/beliefs are hard to break so everyone needs to keep an open mind.

I may try it this weekend on an older car :paranoia:using another brand (well respected pH balanced, etc) soap. I am more interested in rinsing ease since I assume dried soap is stickier.

7. xtmx

xtmx Virgin Detailer

I was skeptical about this myself so I gave it a test on our black mountaineer (since i was going to wax it anyway) At the end of my wash 3/4 of the car was very dry... The rinse was no different, the soap washed away effortlessly and the finish looked great as usual.

8. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Guest

Not that I've ever found... and I've used the soap at VERY high concentrations. The pH neutral nature of the product makes it extremely gentle at any level.

Obviously the ideal is to never let anything dry, but I've allowed the foam to dry on my finish a few times (on accident) and never had an issue with it rinsing away with nothing more than the flow of water across the surface.

9. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

I use Adams Shampoo all the time on my Imola Red M3. It has dried on rare occasion but hoses off with a high pressure rinse. It has never left water spotting, and I live in North Jersey where the water is harder then hell.

Great product.

10. Emile

I am chatting with Ashley from Adams Polishes' website because I wanted an exact number and she says to use 1oz for 4 gallons of water...that is awesome if it works...I'm going to have to try that.

11. Emile

I just tried 2oz in 3 gallons of water (measured accurately) and washed the Pilot. Very nice car wash...even 2oz felt like I was using too much product, the sudsing in the bucket was crazy.

Easy rinsing, good cleaning, very gentle on the existing wax protection. I have got to get a gallon of this stuff.