Adam's Buttery Wax Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by m54daboll, May 10, 2016.

1. m54daboll

m54daboll New Member

What's up guys. I'm done with school but stuck in Boston, so figured I would get some reviews done. This one is of the Adam's Buttery Wax.

Condition of the Car:
    The car is a 1991 Cadillac Deville. The car is hammered with swirls (as you can see in the pictures). I need to do a paint restoration on it, just haven't yet. I washed the car yesterday with my Rocket Wax Wash and Gloss review. For prep today, I wiped the pollen off with Rocket Wax Quick Detail Spray. The car does have Sonax PNS on it, but I topped it with this wax.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Side note, happy Summer!
    [​IMG]

Packaging/ Scent:
    The packaging of the Adam's products are very good. The plastic bottle is high quality with incredibly high quality labels. The top of the bottle makes it easy to dispense the product, however it does get backed up and leaks a small amount of wax out sometimes (not sure why). The scent of the wax is a fantastic Banana scent. Fresh Banana, Banana Laffy Taffy, Banana Creme Pie or a combination of all three haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Application:
    Application of this wax is very easy. I used a yellow poly-foam applicator. I sprayed it with a few shots of Quick Detail spray, then put on 3 larger sized dots to prime the pad. I was using this product in the direct sunlight, however the back of the bottle states that the product can be used in direct sunlight. The product spreads very easily and is not difficult or sticky to apply. However, even during application this product does powder quite a bit. I also got some on surrounding rubber pieces and it did not stain whatsoever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Removal:
    This wax hazes VERY fast--literally 10 seconds. Then it is ready to be wiped off. You can let it sit longer, but since I was working in the sun, I did not. The removal of the wax is truly effortless, one of the easiest products to wipe off. Very easy using a plush microfiber towel and no issues of smearing even in the sun. Even though the wax powdered a bit, it still removed easily with no issues.

PLEASE ignore the swirls. I know they are bad, but I just got this car a month ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you can see some of the powder in the microfiber towel:
    [​IMG]

Filling Ability:
    Now this category usually isn't a factor for me because my cars are polished, however I did notice that this wax has a pretty good filling ability. This is to be expected, as most waxes do. It does not cover every swirl, but will help with minor ones.
    [​IMG]

Results/ Final Thoughts:
    Results are great for 25 year old paint that has never been polished!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was very impressed with this product. It worked as described and was incredibly easy to use, even in full sunlight. It is a little expensive, as is most of Adam's products, however it works well ($18 for 16oz). This wax is a no-brainer purchase for me. The gloss is fantastic, the scent is fantastic, and the ease of use is fantastic. I was quite surprised how easy it was to remove even though it seemed powdery. This was more annoying than anything, but it removed easily so not a big issue. Overall, it is a great liquid wax and I will compare it to my current favorite in a few weeks. No beading and sheeting review right now, but I will let it cure for a few days. I have used this wax in the past and averaged around 3 months of durability. Thanks for viewing! As always, I love feedback and new product recommendations.

[​IMG]

2. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

Great review! If you can get 3 months out of this then it's a solid product for sure!

m54daboll likes this.