Abrasive chrome polish help?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by impakt, Jun 29, 2010.

1. impakt

impakt DB Forum Supporter

I have a set of HREs in for a detail. Man these things are beat up. 1 year of bmw brakes and no washing. eeeeek.
    After cleaning with Sonax, I hit them with P21S polishing soap and just not getting the results i want.

Is there anything more abrasive?

2. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Maybe #0000 steel wool?

3. richy

richy Guest

0000 steel wool and Megs 105.

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

0000 sythetic steel or bronze wool and simichrome polish

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Richy have you tried this? I read about it, but to scared to use it on my new chrome wheels. Just some light scratches, but it bugs the hell out of me.

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

M105 works great on chrome, mothers powerball mini is helpful as well

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

You could also try P21s Polishing Soap, then something more abrasive (M105 etc)

8. richy

richy Guest

Yes I have with awesome results but Jon is right..always start with the least aggressive method and move up. I have also mixed Menz PG and M105 and used my rotary with a 3" white wool pad on some nasty chrome that came up beautifully. I followed it up with a foam 3" pad with Collinite Metal wax and buffed that into it...was an absolute mirror!! That is my new way for making chrome jump.

9. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

loving the P21s polishing soap right now for items that are already polished.

really brought back the "hars" shine of my stainless exhaust...it looked like polished aluminum before. it's nice and bright now! water beads off it quite well too, i'm interested to see how well it's claimed protection is.