? about Demin. H2O

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by JLs Detailing, Nov 20, 2007.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

OK I have access to all the Demineralized water that I want. The water is extremely pure, it goes through several gel coat filters, then through a reverse osmosis and a degassifier. It then goes through a deionizing filter. My question is would it be very beneficial to use this water in my products that require dilution?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow that sounds like some wicked water, for all my dilutions I use Reverse Osmosis water and I've never had any problems with it. It's supposed to work better :confused: well at least that's what I was recomended.

So question, where are you getting this water from? How much water are you getting? Reason I ask is becuase if you got unlimited amount of water I'd use it to was the vehicles with. No water spots, you can literealy leave the vehicle to air dry and you wont see a single water spot :thumb:

3. JLs Detailing

Nica you forgot where I work? Remember all water in a power plant that converts steam to electricity has to be pure with a conductivity of almost 0. I can get pretty much what I want as far as gallon containers but unfortunately wouldn't have enough to wash with. I had thought about using it in my foam cannon but wondered if it would be worth it since it would be mixing with regular water. I figured I could use it in my dilutions because I got some CG glass cleaner and it can be mixed 50/50. Well like you said that water will not spot or streak so I thought it would be perfect for mixing with the glass cleaner.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh yes sorry Wolf I forgot :duh:

You couls still use the water to give the vehicle a final rinse...you could just fill up a few containers and bring them home. Oh like Marc does it, he a small container to pur it over the vehicle and give the vehicle a rinse with pure water...it makes drying the vehicle really easy and don't really need to rush.

Man I totally forgot about where you worked, that would totally come in hand :thumb:

5. JLs Detailing

Hey I hadn't thought of doing that and you are right it would make drying the vehicle a lot easier. Thanks!

6. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I think it would definitely be good to use that water in products that you dilute.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Well if you do use it with that method it's just like washing a vehicle with RO water :thumb: technicaly the CR System is supposed to be used that way but I just use it for everything, pre-sinsing, rims, engine..ect..ect..ect..I figured the vehicle will love the nice fresh water :headbang: but then again that's just me :duh:

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I use distilled water from wal mart for my diluted products :)