ABC Decontamination Kit?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by FMINUS, Nov 6, 2007.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Anyone know where I can find this? Its made/sold by Valueguard?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Excuse the quetsion but I'm curious, what is it?

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Its used to dissolve water spots!!!

4. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm...I wonder if it's like the one richy posted up.

So is it like a filter?

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I think it's spray on chemicals...and they decontaminate the paint :D

6. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

yes it is like a 3 step wash that does claying for you. When I have time I will write more on this...but I am in class right now

7. Nica

Nica Banned

You tease :acry2:

8. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

No it isnt a spray on product.

It is a 3 step wash, one consist of an acid, the second base and the third is a neutralizer if I recalled correctly. It can remove rail dust and pretty much any other bonded contaminant. It is more or less a shop cost saving alternative to clay. I have heard many good things about it, and Ron K. is a great detailer, so they have to be good.

FMINUS: Since you are in SoCal I think your distributor is:
    WC Online
    Santa Barbara , California
    Phone: 800-869-3576
    general@wcdetail.com
    http://www.wcdetail.com/
    ValuGard is the proper spelling, :p probably the reason you cant find it. :p I have no idea who came up with that spelling hahahha.

EDIT: I am not 100% sure on the acid base part...I might be confusing it with something else. but I do remember that you MUST seperate A, B and C!

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Good info, Im going to try out the CG one first then Ill grab this sucker! 3 steps? wow....

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooooh you go my attention...FMINUS let me know how this works for you buddy. It sounds great.

sneek got any more info? I've never heard of this....excuse my ignorance :eek:

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:p I got it wrong!
    A is Acid NEUTRALIZER
    B is Alkaline NEUTRALIZER
    and C is a pH neutral soap.

Nica, I have only seen it done, never tried it myself. I know that it is supposed to work better than clay though. Some people actually use clay in conjunction with Step B because it is supposed to allow the pores of the paint to open up so the clay can get more...for lack of a better word "junk". FK and Valugard make them..and now apparently CG has one too.

FMINUS: well...FK's is 4 steps.

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

This is interesting...I'm gonna want to do this in the future :)

13. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Sorry I ment aggressive clay. Well at least that is what they were telling me when they were pitching it to me because time to remove heavy rail dust was longer with clay longer. I guess they included the time that it needed to be buffed afterwards. So labor time is factored in. Have you tryed the FK system. I think it is similar accept it is 4 steps...but IIRC the last step is a sealant

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

talk to ron ketchum (I killed his name) you can order it directly from him I went thru 2 gallons of the system. It works I just think that I would rather clay the car, you have to let the wash sit so it does take a bit of time to do the car 30-45 minutes if I recall set up time etc...

Yes its made by Valugard and they are OEM for the big 3 and others. Its also used to remove fallout and open the pores of the clear and clean under the clear. This is from what I remember the claims, on really beat up cars I noticed a nice difference.

Would I buy it again yes I would. It's not necessary on all the cars but some in bad shape.

15. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

ehehe why I just said Ron K. haha I have no idea how to spell it!

16. Nica

Nica Banned

This sounds very ineresting....wicked info here guys thank you for sharing.

I need to do some more re-search on this.

17. triplet

triplet Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've heard of ABC Decon kit as well as FK's, Was opting to use FK, since my car was in very bad shape. But in the end I read somewhere, to use Dawn soap to strip everything and start from a scratch than clayed rather aggresively. It worked to a certain degree, but not the results that you could get using either of the two kits.

here is a link to the FK system
    http://www.fk1usa.com/products-professional.htm

18. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

The best decom kit is from Auto Int ( Value Guard)..I have used it many times...it is also the product used by new car dealers to decom cars of rail dust....Ford has a service bullentin on it for new cars to be washed with it before delivery...

it will remove rail dust...mineral spots...and any surface contamination

Value Guard is the company from Auto Int...call and speak to Ron Ketchum and he will explain the process to you....

worth the money...and can be used a few times..cost was around 40.00 I believe and you get enough to do a few cars...

does much better than clay...this goes deep in the paint....with no harm if directions are followed....

PS..the FK kit is not as good as the Value Guard one

Al

19. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Zoran...nice to see you also my Friend.....

When I got my truck..I told them no wash ...I was told Ford does a decom wash as they have a TSB on it to remove fallout and rail dust....I watched the guy do it...it was a 3 part wash..a acid..a alkali and neutralizer wash....I talked to the guy doing it...he explained what it did..the acid wash removed any ferrous metal like rail dust and mineral stains from rain...the alkali wash deep cleaned the paint from any industrial fallout and then a neutralizer to bring paint back to neutral PH...they used Auto Int's value Guard..that's whats specified in the TSB....

Now I was interested in the system for my use ..I did some research and ask others who used it on forums..both systems...FK and VG ...and 98% liked the VG better...I called Ron Ketchum at Auto Int and talked to him about it..he sold me...and since i have used value Guards with great results....paint feels like it was super clayed after a wash with the Decom system......

Just follow directions and measure products..no eyeing it...lol..and you will be surprised how nice the paint feels and how clean it is......

I have used it about 10 times now and never a problem...I did a brand new Solstice...a new Tundra...Dodge ram...and a few others and mine yearly now....

hope this helps....call Ron ketchum and speak to him on it.....nice guy....

Al

20. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

AL-53, THanks for the info :D