A Tale of Twin Audi S5's, Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest...Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Greg Gellas, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Greg Gellas

Greg Gellas DB Pro Supporter

In December I corrected and coated this S5. S5 Corrected and coated with Cquartz finest by Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Unfortunately Finest wasn't able to protect the car from this damage. Luckily the owner was uninjured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car was totaled by insurance. The owner was devastated, that car was his baby. Luckily for him he was able to located the EXACT same car, every option, even the color was the same. After speaking with Corey at Carpro, we decided to give Scott a discount on this one. Thanks again Corey!

So I begin again on Scott's S5. I started with a full wash, iron-x, and a clay. I then went around and documented any paint damage.

[​IMG]

Let's check out some paint damage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some deeper RIDS throughout the paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I began with M105 on a MF pad to level, I then followed up with M205 on a Rupes white pad. I tried a couple of combinations, but found this setup to knock out all the swirls and almost all the RIDS. You can see the correction I was able to get from these 50/50's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every painted surface is just as important as the next.

[​IMG]

After correction I washed to remove any oils left from correction, I followed that up with an eraser wipe down and then it got 2 coats of Cquartz Finest. Below you can see I am waiting for Finest to flash before leveling.

[​IMG]

I coated the wheels with Cquartz Dlux. Wear a respirator! I put about 20ml in my airbrush bottle and sprayed away. I did get some drips, but that wasn't an issue since I had to level the wheels anyway. By spraying I was able to get the barrels coated without having to remove the wheels.

[​IMG]

Adhesive from the window sticker, that has to go, can't miss the little things :)

[​IMG]

Every Cquartz Finest kit comes with a sticker, that corresponds with its warranty card.

[​IMG]

Let's see the results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, thanks for reading! Greg Gellas :) SignatureDetailing.com

EugeneOr and rwisejr like this.
  2. Kenny T

Kenny T Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Glad your client was not injured; looked like a hard hit. Great work on the his/her replacement S5 though!

Greg Gellas likes this.
  3. fdresq4

fdresq4 New Member

Nice work Greg. I like the Groucho disguise over the plate.

Greg Gellas likes this.
  4. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

great work Greg! glad your client was ok.

Greg Gellas likes this.
  5. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Awesome job. Glad he wasn't hurt .

Greg Gellas likes this.