A Spring Clean Up

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Asphalt Rocket, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Decided to do a little clean up on the Vette. Washed with Pinnacle Bodyworks, sheeted water then dried with Pakshak ww. Wheels/tires cleaned with P21S wheel gel with Swissvax wheel brush. Wheels cleaned with P21S TAW and dressed with Wolfgang tire gel(only thing I found this stuff good for). Exhaust tips cleaned with P21S polishing soap. Used the rotary with SIP/orange CCS pad on a few scratches, Ultrafina/blue CCS pad for final polishing. Used the PC to apply Swissvax Cleaner Fluid/Gray pad, removed with Pakshak ultraplush mf and applied Swissvax Mystery with a yellow applicator and also removed with Pakshak ultraplush mf. Wheels sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant inside and out and torqued to spec with Snap-on torque wrench. Tires dressed with Optimum tire gel. Trim is dressed with 303. Windows cleaned with Stoners Invisible glass cleaner and Pakshak window ww.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

very nice!!!! Its about time! LOL
    So where were those sun shots you were talking about? :shead:

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Man that looks ABSOLUTELY incredible! Man you and FMINUS do some fine work with Mystery. Now I must resist the urge to buy it, LOL! I love how it looks but what did you think of Mystery?

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Phil and JL, the sun shots are for you Phil:thumb: As far as Mystery goes you need it, it gives it a little extra that pictures will never show. Once again thanks for the compliments.

5. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Damn that looks good! Hmmm, how 'bout a shot of the Snap-on torque wrench? :lol: Only a real car guy would mention torqing the lugs to spec! :thumb:

6. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

nice work. so mysterious! I love using the snap on torque wrench. I used my friends and it awesome. Too bad I only have a craftsman.

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

This is for MadOzodi:thumb:
    [​IMG]

8. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:druling:

*GULP*

:druling:

:thud:

/strained voice on

Oh yeah, I need one of those

/strained voice off

:thumb: Asphalt Rocket!

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

DAMN bro... NICE WORK....

It's like a black mirror.... I love it...

These pics are SOO nice'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Looks great Asphalt Rocket! Anyone with a black C6 and Snap On Torque wrench can't be all bad. I always torque my lugs to specs with my snap on too:thumb:

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Talk about some CLEAN black paint!!! WOW! I do think that the Mustang needs some love though, hahaha!

12. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great work!

13. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Great job on your car man, I really like the paint with mystery on it. I was at the dealerships like ten times already looking at a C6 for myself, and until looking at yours all shiny I was able to hold off know its going to be real hard.

Great work,

-Corey

14. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

AR,
    Looks sweet she cleaned up real nice great reflections too but i didn't realize your that short...lol

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

looks too good for a clean up, more like detailing to me. Great job!

16. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

LOL, you guys are funny. When's the spring cleanup on the Cobra A.R.?

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Lance, nothing wrong with Craftsman if you don't use tools everyday for a living.

Thanks Jason, you and JL like the same pics, I just thought JL would like the Steeler pics better since he is a big fan.

Thanks alot Gary, I knew we would agree on something sooner or later.:thumb: I pull the wheels on all my details and re-torgue to spec, glad to see someone else doing the same.

Thanks P1et, I love black cars and when they are clean there isn't a better looking vehicle. As far as the Cobra you are right that will be a detail for sure-and yes it is lacking a little love right now-lol

Thanks Phil, Its all about the Swissvax. hahaha

Thank you Corey, I feel all Vettes should be black not red-lol. Just go and buy it, the longer you wait you will change your mind and never get it. Trust me I do the samething, I waited over a year before buying this Vette.

Thanks Joe, I was telling JL someone is going to mention me looking short in that pic-lol

Thanks Supercharged, It was just a clean up, you know my feelings on details-lol, thats why there isn't any before shots, now the Cobra will be a different story.

18. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice AP, love how mystery looks!

19. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Steelers suck and the vette looks like crap.

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Pirex, my Swissvax buddy.

Dan-last time I checked Cleveland was worse than the Steelers and if the Vette looks like crap what would we call your Mustang. Oh, I forgot to thank you for the compliment on the Vette.