A ONR question

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by mrgolfrider, Jun 2, 2009.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Is it safe to do an ONR wash with something like P21s on the lower panels, or DG 471 bug remover??

2. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Sure is, just make sure to get all of the P21S TAW off using optimum. You may want to go over the area twice just to make sure.

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Just know that you will be stripping off your lsp.

4. mrgolfrider

anything you can recommend to get the bugs off without stripping the LSP?? I usually just soak them in QD and hold the MF on them for a little bit, then just rub off. I should have really been more clear and included cleaning the wheels with a wheel cleaner and ONR..

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

1Z Anti-Insekt works well and it is not supposed to strip off lsp. Phil at DD sells it, I believe.

6. albert2076

albert2076 Virgin Detailer

Hello friends,
    i'd like to know about ONR. Can the ONR as clay lube do the great job with meguiars clay bar?
    Thank you.

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Hey Albert, It sure can. Thats what I like about ONR it's a multi function product. Which will save you money in the long run...My advise is to give it a go...:thumb:

8. albert2076

He..he..
    Thanks Buddy.
    Can ONR substitute to all purpose cleaner?if she can, how the dillution ratio to be safe degreaser?

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

As for wheels, I use ONR quite a bit.

I wait until the end of my ONR wash, then put all my wheel washing media in the ONR bucket. do whatever with the cleaner/agitating the wheels (I personally use Optimum Power Clean diluted at least 3:1), then use your EZ detail brush to flood the barrels (keep returning it to the bucket, to get more ONR solution into it), then use a wheel face brush or your wheel mitt, to do the same to the face of the wheel. This effectively rinses your wheel cleaner from the surface. Dry your wheel, then you're done.

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Oh, and as far as bugs, If you have a good layer of LSP on there, the bugs should come off very easily. I keep onr at qd dilution in the car for bugs/bird bombs. I also keep either OID of FK425 for the dust/pollen.

Maybe just try a stronger dilution of ONR in a spray bottle during your wash to see if that helps with the bugs? I dont' know if it will, but it works better than a regular QD. It seems to have more cleaning power.

11. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I would have to say no. It's a liitle to weak to act as an APC...:shrug:

12. mrgolfrider

ONR is based around the principal of encapsulating the dirt while washing or using it as a QD, and has no real cleaning abilities.

13. albert2076

ok, thanks a lot:mounty:

14. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I use SC Grime Destroyer, use a different mitt or sponge to clean that area then spray it down with ONR in a pressure sprayer

15. mrgolfrider

I was thinking about getting a cheaper pressure sprayer from the Dollar General, I figured ONR wouldn't destroy the inside too much at all, and at the wash mixture, it would only be the 1oz in the two gallon sprayer...good call sal!!