A good vaccumm for a mobile business.

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by pmakhija, Feb 24, 2013.

1. pmakhija

pmakhija Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Guys I have an old plug into car vacuum that doesnt work as well anymore. So I am planning on getting something that is powerful and portable. I am running my business out of my small car and dont have a lot of space. what vacuum would you recommend? I was also thinking about the dyson hand held but its kinda pricey. what are your recommendations? my budget is upto $150 but I might be able to stretch it a tad little bit!

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I have heard a lot of good things about the pwr-flite PF51 unit. I believe it's around $160 new (including shipping) on their site. I'm planning on buying one soon. I don't know the dimensional specs off hand though ...

3. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

4. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

own the pwr flite 51 and it absolutely rocks. size is smaller, its sold by a commercial maintenance co. and came recommended by richy. it has remarkable suction and pulls hair out of carpet big time. gave away my home depot type wet/ drys for it and havent looked back.

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

6. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

^^I have this one for mobile stuff, its good for the most place and does what I need it to. Its cheap and in the end power will cost money any other route. My largest buying point was it was small and powerful and cheap. Ive beat the crap out of it and it keeps chugging. That being said I'm sure there are better options performance wise but they will be twice or 3x as much.

7. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I do not own a small unit, but do not forget to consider the Metro Vac-N-Go

8. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

9. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Festool CT-Mini. Very small and portable, long hose and wicked suction. a little pricy but well worth it!

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have one of these for mobile work as well. For the money, it's pretty tough to beat.

11. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

I have the Hoover GUV mounted in my van. Great suction, not crazy loud and a long hose with great accessories.

-Kody-