A Few things picked up from Chemical Guys

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by rich909, Jun 12, 2009.

1. rich909

rich909 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I was about 20 minutes away from Inglewood today so i decided to stop by Chemical Guys and chat with Paul and pick up a few things. This was my first time over there along with the first time meeting Paul. Let me first say that it was a pleasure chatting with Paul and not only was he hospitable but took good care of me. I was surprised how close to LAX the shop was and they are exactly across the street from Hollywood Park. If anyone is around the area I would highly recommend you stop by, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again Paul

Red Shine kit w/Upgraded Blue Monster Towels and Applicators

[​IMG]

Bare Bone & Synthetic Quick Detailer

[​IMG]

3 Miracle Drying Towels and 2 Monsters

[​IMG]

Fade 2 Black, New car scent, Pro detailer, EZ cream, wet Mirror Finish and Light Clay bar

[​IMG]

Misc. bottles & sprayers

[​IMG]

Everything

[​IMG]

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

All great stuff Rich. You will love the Pete's 53, that is my second favorite wax after RBOE. The Bare bones is great also. Hey, let me know the next time you go down there, maybe I can give you money to get me a couple of things. :thumb:

3. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Nice haul! They were a little delayed shipping my stuff, but it'll be here Saturday! I'm very excited. I'd love to head down and pick some stuff up some time.

4. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I would loveto be able to just "swing by" CG..lol

5. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

Paul is the man! hes taken good care of me the times i've gone in.

6. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

road trip!

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That's quite a bit of some really good stuff!

8. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

You and me both.

OP nice haul.

9. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Nice buy...Everything looks great...:thumb:

10. Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine Birth of a Detailer

I think CG should open a shop on the East Coast. Drooling over products in real life is so much better than drooling over products on the internet!! Not to mention, it screws up your laptop!

11. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

+1, I'd make a trip for that :thumb:

12. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

nice stuff!! bare bones is my next thing from CG I want to try.

13. rich909

rich909 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It was a spur of the moment thing as I was about 20 minutes away. I will hit you on the blackberry messenger if i'm down there again.

We are so lucky in Socal.

x2

Thx, I've been looking to try their products.

thx

thx

I probably will not used the whole gallon so If you want a sample let me know.

14. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

You'll be surprised how fast you'll go thru Bare Bones!! It is some great stuff. I know some detailers prefer Fade2Black on the wheel wells but I haven't had the same results as with BB.

OP, very nice haul from CG. Wish I could stop by for some purchases as well. Oh well, getting their shipment delivered at work breaks up the day and gets me excited to get home and out to the garage!

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nice haul!

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

How is Fade 2 Black? Does it hold up pretty well or does it wear off after a wash and or rain? Been thinking of getting it for my grill which is honeycomb and a paint to dress as I would have to do each individual "opening"

17. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

I use it on the windshield/firewall trim on all 3 of our vehicles. It holds up well thru washes and occassional rain. My 3 series has a similar honeycomb lower opening and it holds up for several weeks (i.e. several washes) on that area given the vertical runoff of any rain. I've been very pleased with the product. It does have a strong chemical fume and advise plenty of ventilation when spraying!

18. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Nice buy congrats