A couple FR-S' - New car preps [All Ravens]

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JoeyV, Oct 1, 2012.

1. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Since I've been doing a few FR-S' thanks to being the "un-official" Montreal Detailer for the FR-S/BRZ community, I figured I'd post the few I've done so far. A big thaank you to Hamza for promoting the Opti-Coat service on the ft86forum.

I don't know if I've posted some already, but here they are.

Scion FR-S #1

2. JoeyV

Scion FR-S #2

3. JoeyV

Scion FR-S #3

4. JoeyV

Scion FR-S #4

5. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Great job Joey! Is the owner of the FR-S that had no badges planning to put Toyota badges on as a replacement? It would look a bit odd with the exposed holes otherwise.

Also, what are your thoughts of Opti-Coat 2.0 vs Body Wrap? How/if they differ in application, look, and beading/sheeting.

6. JoeyV

Thanks! Yes, he is planning on having the Toyota badges to replace the Scion ones.

Personally, I prefer working with Body Wrap. I just get an over all "easier" feel/use from it. I understand that the Opti-Coat is supposed to last longer, but many have asked if they should do the treatment once a year anyways. I tell them it's not necessary, but if they want to give me more money, it's up to them lol. Looks wise, I also prefer the Body Wrap. Beading and sheeting seems to be about the same. I haven't had the chance to examine both in the rain after they've fully cured.

7. v|nsan|ty

Can you elaborate on how Body Wrap is easier? Is it finicky in terms of needing to buff off high spots? Or is it more similar to a wax/sealant application? Do both applications use similar amounts of product or does one use more than the other? I've done a few opti-coat applications and did find it to be a bit finicky with the high spots and I'm not too big of a fan on using the yellow applicator.

8. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Body wrap applies just like a wax. Hard Body is similar and the only finicky part about it is some minor hazing which disappears after a day or two. You don't need to worry about any high spots or hard to buff areas, it's very easy to work with.

9. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Great Work on all of them Joey, you totally owe me a chocolate fudge cake when I'm down in Montreal.

10. JoeyV

Darkstar's answer pretty much sums it up. :p :
    Thanks man. Next time you're in Mo-Town, I'll reserve some time for you and I'll take you out for Jewish Bagels and Salmon Spread, Poutine, Smoked Meat, Pepsi and bowling, like I did with Alex (boredstudent). lol.

11. v|nsan|ty

Cool thanks for the information.