993 C4S Detailed

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by tbaker, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tbaker

tbaker Virgin Detailer

I'm at home visiting my parents in the N. Georgia mtns...I figured my father's car could use a good cleaning. He takes good care of it, but don't think it has had many 'downtown' cleanings before, so I packed my 7424 and misc stuff to give it a good pampering.

He is the original owner of a euro-delivery 1997 C4S, Artic silver with Provence blue interior. 39,000 miles on the clock and well taken care of.

On to the good stuff...

Wash, P21S wheel cleaner, clay, PC7424, Menzerna SIP with orange pad, Power Lock applied with black pad, Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, 303 aero, Adam's glass polish, P21S metal polish for exhaust tips (still off the car in the pics), and plenty of elbow grease. Wheel wells were not done and it is obvious in the pics, but not obvious in person.

He was thrilled - enough to want to get a PC and plenty of other stuff from Phil (thanks in advance!) so he can do this on his own when he feels like it. I have one car I detail and have 32oz sizes of all the menzerna stuff I have (SIP, 106, P085, Power Lock), so I'll just send some to him and we will still both have enough to last for years.

He was amazed at how good the car looks. That is not a reflection of my skills as I am still a novice, more a reflection of good equipment/products and a wonderful car as the canvas.

On to the pics - paint is smooth as a baby's bottom...feels as good as the day he picked it up in Stuttgart. Other than a few stone chips, it looks just as good, too. Didn't take a ton of pics, and don't have any before's, but imagine a well maintained 13 yr old car that has been clayed maybe once, and polished maybe once.

Without further delay, here are the few pics I snapped...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Very nice!