911Fanatic vs Harley F150

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Oct 6, 2010.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

My client has owned this truck for a little less than a year and wanted some protection for the winter. He has washed it regularly so it wasn't too bad but did need a little TLC.

Engine, jambs and trim were cleaned with Optimum Power Clean ( 3:1 )
    Washed with Poorboys Super Slick n'Suds and RG washmitt
    Inner fenders, tires and wheels were cleaned with Optimum Power Clean (1:1)
    Exhaust tips polished with RG Chrome and Glass Polish and sealed with BF All Metal Sealant
    Clayed with AE Fine Clay and PB Spray & Wipe for lube
    LSP today was Colli 845 with door jambs sealed with Rejex
    Interior wiped down with Optimum Power Clean ( 3:1)
    Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass and AE Glass WW towels
    Wheels sealed with BF All Metal Sealant and Tires dressed with Poorboys Bold n'Bright

Total Time - 6 hours

[​IMG]

Wheels weren't too bad. Opt Pwer Clean worked fantastic on these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust tips were the dirtiest thing on the truck
    [​IMG]

Interior wasn't soiled, just dusty as hell. With the high gloss finish that Ford uses on the interior trim pieces scratching so easily, I chose to use an airline to blow out all the dust to avoid potentially scratching anything.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dirty motor. Cleaned with Power Clean and dressed with AG Vinyl and Rubber Care.
    [​IMG]

Typical Ford jambs. When will Ford figure out how to seal a door?
    [​IMG]

Todays cleaner of choice. we used it from 1:1 to 3:1 and it worked extremely well on everything. :)
    [​IMG]

WTF!!!! Owner told dealership this running board was squeaking and this was their solution. I kid you not.
    [​IMG]

This was after doing the drivers side rear door. Thats it. Nasty.
    [​IMG]

Poorboys Spray and Wipe has really impressed me as a clay lube. IMHO, its actually slicker and stays wetter than ONR at any dilution.
    [​IMG]

Went with Colli 845 as we wanted good durability going into the winter
    [​IMG]

As per DSMS recommendation, I tried some Rejex. Love it. I used it on the jambs as it makes them so shiny, it really adds a lot when the client opens the doors.
    [​IMG]

BF All Metal Sealant is my sealant of choice for wheels. It adds wetness to the wheels like nothing else and has unsurpassed durability.
    [​IMG]

Exhaust tip on left is untouched while one on right has been polished with steel wool and RG Glass and Chrome Polish
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust tips were cleaned with 0000 steel wool and RG Glass and Chrome Polish and sealed with BF All Metal Sealant. Amazing.
    [​IMG]

Removing Colli from bottom of door. Hey, its painted down there as well!
    [​IMG]

BF All Metal Sealant was allowed to sit on the wheels for around an hour and removed.
    [​IMG]

After cleaning and while the engine was still wet it was sprayed down with AG Vinyl and Rubber care. The engine is started and allowed to run for 20 minutes or so. The Vinyl and Rubber Care dries to a nice, even, low sheen finish.
    [​IMG]

Poorboys Bold n'Bright was used today on the tires.
    [​IMG]

Wheels and tires finished. Nice and wet looking.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No sun today so I only took a couple of outside pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the tailgate jamb has to look good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished interior. After blowing out with the airline, I wiped all the high gloss pieces down with a waffle weave glass towel and AG glass cleaner to avoid leaving streaks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Looks great Ken!! The exhaust tips came out great!!!!! I might have to find some Rejex!

Thats one sweet truck too!!!

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Amazing work!

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Big haul, excellent work!

5. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Beautiful Ken...

6. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Outstanding work Ken, I might have to pick up some of the chrome polish, looks like it really gets the job done.

7. impakt

impakt DB Forum Supporter

I love using PB Spray and wipe as lube. I think i diluted at 2:1 which was still awesome, but i could of used 3:1 and it would of been great.

Great job!

8. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

Great work Ken, Looks Great!

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

looks great

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I really gotta hand it to you on those exhaust pipes, they look perfect. I'm starting to change my mind about you Canadians.

11. Keenan T

Keenan T Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice Job Ken. Love the exhaust pipes

12. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

awesome work ken. i guess canadians are awesome at two things hockey and detailing.

13. 911Fanatic

Thanks guys. I don't do a lot of correction work during the winter so prepare for an onslaught of protection details!

14. Reflect

What ever happened to that old black muscle car you sanded and only showed us teasers of?

15. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

nice job, my neighbor has the same one, and you really increased the shine of the chrome pieces

16. 911Fanatic

There were issues with the body work that showed up when we were sanding it out and the WHOLE car had to be recleared! The painter decided to sand it out himself the second time. Its now being put together. Should be wicked when its done though.

17. Reflect

Ah that sucks. Will you be polishing it again at least?

18. 911Fanatic

Not if I can help it.

19. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

Nice work. Did you use power-clean on the seats as well? I read somewhere that the Harley Davidson Edition uses aniline leather.

20. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

As cool as correction details are, I think this one and the Charger detail are some of the best examples of "detailed" cleaning I've ever seen. :applause2: