89s1 VS. BMW 525i

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 89s1, Nov 19, 2007.

1. 89s1

89s1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey everyone, had a chance to snap a few shots of a car I did today.

It was an 05 (i think) BMW 525i and was traded in in nasty shape. It was up to me to make it look good enough to sell again.

here are a few before shots of the car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Classic BMW brake dust
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of me working away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry that I didnt take too many of the progress, but im paid flat rate and I get into a groove and just go.

But here are a few shots of the car after the work. Daylight was gone, so i had to take them in the bay unfortubatly. The light really sucks in here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Classic BMW brake.... oh wait, nope its all gone!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There ya go guys, enjoy! :headbang:

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

great turn around, so whast the process, you always need to share that

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Looks good! What did they trade it in for. Gen8 accord?

4. 89s1

Well this isnt the most thorough job, no clay barring or anything, just a one stage polish and the interior detail.

For the initial wash I spray the entire car with a loosening agent and let it sit for a while while i spray some general all purpose cleaner on the rims, followed by a light spray of wheel acid. I then degrease the engine bay and close the hood to let it sit.

I do a quick vaccuum of the loose dirt in the interior and grab anything big enough out to toss in the trash. After that quick work i spray the doorjambs with all purpose and begin pressure washing the exterior. I do the rims with a tough round brush and then do a good spray and mitt wash, followed by a thorough rinse.

Shammy the car and blow out the cracks with a blowtip, proceed to the interior with the blowtip i blow the cracks out to loosen the dirt and use 3 different brushes for the interior. to get in all the nooks and crannies. Shampoo the carpets and pressure wash the mats. Wipe the entire interior down from the top and then do the final vaccuum.

Go on to a one stage polish with a medium pad, run the entire car at 2,000 rpm, and then rub the car down with a lint free mitt. Finally, spray the tire shine and take pics!

Sorry the methods are nothing special, its a pretty crappy setup here, as its just the detail bay of a car dealership :(

I do what i can with what they give me.

5. Calgarydetail

im very impressed with your work, they are great turn aroud stealership or not.. and i totaly undertsand, you do what you can and thats life.

man we really need to have a calgary meet to get to know people in person..

thanks for sharing that info, we are process junkies here

6. 89s1

Actually, Funny story.

I had no cars left today and there was lots of time left, i was about to leave for a late lunch.

I needed something to do to make decent hours, soi ran over to the used car center and asked the lot guy if there was anything new to do, and he was making a list right then. He suggested i do the 525, and the general manager of the dealership piped up and said that he didnt want "the guys in the detail department"to do the BMW, and he was going to send it out to be done, and Mike (the used car manager) told him that so long as it was me, and only me that worked on it, that it would be just fine to be done in-house :dance:

I was probably blushing at the time. Was a nice thing to hear from the boss to go over the head of the other guy and vouch for me. :)

7. Calgarydetail

thats sweet kevin, its always good to know you are appcircated. you should convince the boss that they could save money if they bought the stuff needed and trained and hired good guys (like you)... set them up with a goo detailing shop.. just and idea

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice turn around, the interior looks good and the exterior looks sharp. Very nice results, I can understand where your coming from with regards to the sorounding/tools you have but you did a good job there :thumb:

I like how the engine bay turned out oh and the stripes on the carpet look wicked :wicked:

Thank you for sharing, job well done

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I was very impressed after seeing your afters, that car was indeed in awful shape!

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I will never understand why people buy nice cars and then treat them like crap. You did a great job turning that thing around, and I agree with Nica.... I am digging those diagonal stripes. I might have to try that one out. Again a great job, you work with what you have and you did a bang up job.

11. 89s1

That the same thing my wife said when she saw the pics.

12. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I'm with Wolfpacker... I can't believe people would do that...A BMW at that....

Awesome turn-a-round, she looks great.