89s1 VS. 2005 CR-V

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 89s1, Oct 18, 2007.

1. 89s1

89s1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey guys, got a nasty CR-V in on trade that looked like the people lived in it for the 2 years they owned it, it was FILTHY!

Sorry that they are cell pics, i dont get stuff this dirty very often, most people know it will hurt the trade in value.

Drivers side front footwell gravel quarry:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rear seat footwell:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cargo area:
    [​IMG]

Engine bay:
    [​IMG]

Lets Get her looking good enough to show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 89s1

OOPS!

douple posted this thread, mods please delete the other one.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Hard to beleave a person would trade a vehicle in those conditions...mmm..they must have been wanting to get rid of that vehicle in a hury.

Pictures are fine, to me a picture is just a picture...sure quality makes a difference but I'm no pro at taking pictures my self so no worries buddy.

The results are quite nice, the carpet looks very nice.

Would you mind sharing what process/method you used?

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us and vehicle looks great.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

man I cant belive thats a trade in, when i traded in mt last car I made sure to clean itup before, its worth more that way.

but jeeze, I guees not all people like a clean car.

The car looks great, very nice work.. so any of the exteiors?

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Great job!

Werddd the CR-V has a plastic intake I thought it used the exact same engine as the Gen7 accord. I almost cried when I saw that the Gen8 had a plastic intake. Aluminum >> Plastic composite. :( it isnt fair that the CR-V got an aluminum intake.

6. 89s1

Sure, I'd be happy to share. Heck, I'll make it a good write up, in case there are people here in the future that would like to know some of the tecniques used out there.

I start by removing all of the floor mats and hooking a blow tip up on an airline. I grab a spritz bottle of auto magic vinyl cleanser/dressing and set it to the finest mist. I put in earplugs then I blast the entire car with the blow tip, trying hard to get into the cracks around and between trim pieces. Once I've done that I spray the mist of vinyl shine into each of the vent openings, at the base of the wiper and signal levers, the toggle switches in the doors, the shift boot, and anywhere else that will be good to have a bit of a shine injection.

With that done, I grab a retired body chamois for the full interior wipe down. blowing all that vinyl shine around I get a layer of wet shine covering the dash and all the door panels. wash the chamois and thoroughly wring it out then wipe all the surfaces down with just the residual water in the chamois, it removes excess shine from areas with excess and spreads it evenly about the surfaces. I find that this works well to avoid the "too shiney" look that most high volume shops like mine tend to get from their inexpensive chems.

With all the interior surfaces and panels wiped down, I turn my attention to where everything has landed that I've wiped off. Onto the Carpets and seats. For the seats I use "Car Brite Upside down foaming cleaner." this works well as a dry Shampoo, in case the customer shows up early they dont suffer form wet butt. I use a long bristle soft brush on the seats to work in the foam. reclining the seats all the way in each direction reveals a stash of hidden mess. Get all that with foam then vac it out after letting it sit while you start working the first few stubborn carpet areas.

For this carpet I used a short bristle, and rather stiff brush, plus a lot of elbow grease, the carpet had no life in it up front, just packed down, full of dirt and debris. In the past I was an In-house carpet/upholstery cleaning tech, and have learned some neat specialty tricks for carpet that I'll make vids of for you guys. Applying some of these tecniques to restore the pile in the carpet and extract the deeper soil/stains without over wetting I pull the brush and aggitate it before a thurogh and multi-angled vaccuming.

The floormats get sprayed with a de-greaser and all purpose cleaner then brushed vigorously before being put under the pressure washer passing over it from end to end, slowly getting closer to about 5-6 inches away. After the water runs clear out of the floormats I bring them back to the dry side of the bay and vaccum them repeatedly to remove excess water.

For the glass I use a foaming aeresol glass cleaner from car brite with a stack of paper towel. I put each window down an inch or so and clean that strip that tucks in first, then put it up and clean the rest of the window. repeat for all the windows inside and out, as you ruin layers of the paper towel they can be easily removed and discarded.

That about does it for a full interior job. Although these tecniques are mostly found in a high volume shop, they still produce great results.

Thanks for reading

Kevin

7. 89s1

the exterior was silver, and the lot boys keep up with the exterior washes, so the before and afters were moot.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

That's a very thorough review there Kevin, thank you for sharing. I'd love to see the video of your carpet techniques/skills. I always go above and beyond in the interior.

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D I will have to come visit one day. I think I am definitely interested in the new Si sedan.

I agree with Carlos, we need VIDEOS!!!!