88 Supra Turbo - modified

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Tire Shredder, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

Hey guys, I've stopped detailing a few months ago as I am completing my engineering degree here in oshawa. its snowing outside as I type this.

I'm sick of studying and got the craving to look at some clean cars again...and realized there are many pictures I have not uploaded! I am long overdue to post something up, so it might aswell be a supra!

This car belongs to a friend of mine. as I am a member of the toronto supra club I got to detail several before the big annual meet. my friend asked me to do what I could with his car before the big weekend.

This is his 88 supra wit ha T4 housed 58mm turbo. he recently did all the engine upgrades and made 400whp and change. nice solid mk3 for sure and it needed some brightening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

swirls were worse than I remembered

[​IMG]

wheels were nicely polished, things just looked a bit dull

[​IMG]

rich?

[​IMG]

engine looks good, hard water spots everywhere

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

foam!

[​IMG]

probably the dirtiest car i have ever clayed. this car killed 1/3 of my $40 claybar lol

[​IMG]

a little polishing goes a long way, here's the tape line

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

doubling it up to two passes, we are in business.

[​IMG]

just a vac and wipe down here, windows

[​IMG]

cleaned and dressed

[​IMG]

I spent a couple hours on the engine bay hand polishing after a degrease. it payed off.

[​IMG]

drying

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20 minutes of claying to get a huge skuff off that was here

[​IMG]

I fixed the muffler :)

[​IMG]

polishing paid off, too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Very good Work!!! I bet the claying took some time lol

3. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Now thats a transformation ate away years of oxidation and swirls. Nice work.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Looks good. Nice work on a sweet ride. Nice to see you post up some more.

5. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

nice work, the body looks pretty decent still. I have a friend that has a 89 with a 1jz swap, but his paint is falling apart everywhere haha

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Lovely work, looks great!

7. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

nice turnaround. that motor looks impressive. but i gotta say....he spent all that money on the motor and opted to drop a NAPA battery in it? just sayin...

8. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Nice work, people never realize how much gunk is in their clear until you show them the clay. I prefer claying every car, except the weekly maintenance washes I do. Great work!

-Kody-

9. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

thanks everyone! it's always nice to get compliments from people that know what it takes for a quality job...

hehe billy yes it is true. The owner of the car and I do have a similar view on the battery situation... The napa battery is a decent (conventional-style) battery. I'm a believer that some of these higher end (braile, optima, odyssey) batteries that are worth over double the money aren't really worth it. it really doesn't make your car perform any better, start your car any better etc. Nicer for sure, but very little change in function.

The car was fun to do. it just gives me an excuse to buy a fresh stockpile of clay for next year :)

I've got another red supra i'll post up shortly

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Great turnaround on that Mk III!