86 Grand National GNX

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Ian, May 22, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Ok let me start off that im not very good a taking pics and I don't have a super fancy camera.I normaly dont take pics of my jobs but I thought it would be a good idea to start so I can show people my work.
    I have some budies that work and own a local speed shop near me. The owner has a 86 Grand National GNX that he never drives and has been completley repainted and is in very good shape. Which also lead to the paint being very soft and scratching with ease. I gave the car a wash, scrubbed the wheels and tires, clayed, 2 step polish, and finished with a coat of Collinite followed by a coat of Swissvax Isignis. The interior was cleaned up and the windows also. I didn't make this car 100% perfect, the owner just wanted it cleaned up but Idid go farther than he was expecting. For payment I got a Gopro HD video camera
    GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports which I plan on using to make some cool beading while driving vids haha
    Products used
    Adams car shampoo
    P21S TAW & wheels cleaner
    uber clay bar with Adams detail spray
    Menzerna 203s & 85rd w/ green and blue uber pads
    Collinite insulator wax
    Swissvax Insignis
    Einsett cock pit cleaner
    Adams glass cleaner
    Makita rotary
    lots of uber pads and micro fiber towels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

3. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

4. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

5. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

Nice work, what I wouldn't give to have an GNX...

6. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Thanks! yea me too! this one has a little bigger turbo, exhaust, injectors, meth injection anda tune and a few other goodies

7. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

Noticed the intercooler pipes looked non stock... I actually drive by a GNX everyday on the way to work just sitting in a driveway rotting away... Guy will sell if you give him 25k... car is in bad shape, such a shame... :( :( :(

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I've always been a Ford man, but I will say there are several old Chevy's that I would own in a heartbeat and this would be one of them. Those ole GN's are awesome!!!!!!

Great job!!!!! Congrats on the Insiknis!!!! Awesome wax!!

9. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Thanks! This wax is SOOOOOO NICE haha I love it!

10. Nice job on an awesome car. Nice shop also :headbang:

11. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Thanks! not my place, thats just one of many garages they have at the store. They pretty much just park their cars in there for storage. They do let me use that garage when ever I need it for a detail job.

12. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Great work. I think GNX's are awsome. At the top of my want to detail list.

BTW - GNX's were only made in 1987 - 547 produced

13. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Awesome work Ian ... I will own a GN one of these days. My neighbor had an 86 GN back in the days and I was always amazed by its raw beauty.

I used to work at the GM plant were they were built. I also used to live a few miles away from ASC ... the company responsible for transforming regular GN's into the GNX monsters.

14. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Hot damn that looks nice now!!! Good job! It is a totally different car now.

15. richy

richy Guest

Ian, gorgeous transformation on that GNX. My father used to sell those brand new...I can remember driving them. You made the black a pool of dripping ink..great job!

16. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

I actually toured that ACS plant in Livonia off Schoolcraft Rd where they also converted the Mustang. :headbang:

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Awesome work, and great choice in wax!

18. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Still one of my fav cars. Fantastic work

19. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Thank you everyone!

20. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Now that's a real car. Nice job.