74 Jaguar V12 E-Type Aesop vs Angry Collector

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Aesop, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Please excuse the lack of writeup, I am switching all my photography and information to my own server.

Regards,
    Sean

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Wow... look great, what a turn around.

I really hate people that bitch about prices... especially people who have plenty of money.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I hope he ate his words after. You did a nice job. Correct him and say I'm not overpriced, I'm expensive. And for a reason.

4. cnut

cnut Guest

GREAT WORK INDEED:worship2: I HAVE TO ASK WHY DID YOU USE MINERAL OR WHAT DID YOU USE IT ON?

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm guessing to prime the pad for polishing...

6. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Probably for conditioning the pad.

7. Starcar

Starcar Birth of a Detailer

Nice work!

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

wow that car was buffer trails galore! But you did a great job getting back into tip-top shape. What did the owner say when you showed him the final results, did you show him the buffer trails and what not?

Ha, never been touch by a buffer, psh!

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

Very nice work! What did he say when you gave it back to him?:applause2:

10. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Thats an old school jaaaagg. Looks nice though man! Good job!

11. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I use mineral oil to extend the life of polishes, specifically 85RD. I typically jewel with 85rd and mineral oil, which allows for pretty much unlimited working time. I typically work it for about 10 minutes on a car like this.

His helper is picking the car up tomorrow, I will have a meeting with him later on in the week. I obviously have many photos to prove the cars condition upon arrival. I have dealt with his type many times, typically the will not even give respect when it is due. Its a shame really, for every cool collector I work with, I have 2 dbags.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice work mate! If he doesn't like the work you did, tell him to suck it, take his money, and never detail for him again.

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow talk about body lines:
    [​IMG]
    Love this picture, just look at the body lines :druling: :druling:

To be honest I very much prefer the old Jags compared to the new ones, the new ones just don't get my attention as much as the old ones :shrug: But to each their own right.

Any who well done vehicle looks great :thumb:

14. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

its really a great car ... of course ... great detailer provide a WOW result ...

dont bother such a collector who doesnt know anything abt detailing ... to be honest, detailing is not jst about the products & tools were using... However, we should take such as skills, time spent and enthusiasm into consideration which cant measure by $$$ ... If you think ur price is reasonable, You dont need to bother it ...

Some detail shops will offer damn cheap price ... bear in mind, how they deal to the car ... cheap wash, polish with filler products ... make it as shine as possible when hand it to the owner ... after few weeks, the car look like a sxxt again ...

Well done ...

15. cnut

cnut Guest

16. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Beautiful, looks great

17. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Nice work on a beautiful car.!

18. Domman56

Domman56 Birth of a Detailer

Eww that thing looked horrible before i can't believe that

19. Paint Protection Orlando

Paint Protection Orlando Detailers Advertising Scheme

Don't sweat this collector. People balk at my prices from time to time. Some of them come around once I explain to them the processes involved and what result they will get for the price quoted, some still think I'm too expensive so I refer them to the local car wash to have their car detailed.

Great turnaround.

20. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Nice work, looks great!!!! I just realized that the Jag really hadn't altered the body lines much until recently.

Car looks awesome!!!

Andy