70 Plymouth Exterior

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by HUMP DIESEL, May 13, 2014.

1. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

Had this delivered yesterday. Owner uses this car, drives it and takes it to local shows. It is not a garage queen, and has some paint defects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the first test spot on the right front fender.

[​IMG]

I started with an Orange Uber pad and Sonax 4/6, since it has been a great combo for the small washing marks and swirls this car has. It looked good, but I wanted it to look better. I then went to a Yellow Uber and FG400. That worked, I still am blown away by how well FG400 finishes down and the gloss that it leaves. I could probably do the whole car with FG400 and then go straight to LSP, but I went ahead and switched back to Sonax for a final polish over this area and the test spot is what I got. I may do the majority with the FG400 and then hit the hood, roof and trunk with Sonax for the final pop.

HUMP

www.carolinaautoimage.com

rwisejr likes this.
  2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

thanks for sharing.

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Great job on a sweet ride. Love it.

4. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

Here are a couple more. Tonight will be the longest session, I am about 3/4 of the way finished with the polishing, I have the drivers side left to complete, then it will get a final wash and seal. Tossing up the seal to either Menz Powerlok, P21S Wax, Opti-seal or Sonax Polymer netshield..

[​IMG]

Side shot with Rupes and Sonax..Product and equipment placement!

[​IMG]

HUMP

www.carolinaautoimage.com

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/humpdiesel/slideshow/Carolina%20Auto%20Image

5. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

Final shots! The sun came out and the car did as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]