5n as a one step and apc

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by john baker, Oct 12, 2011.

1. john baker

john baker Birth of a Detailer

phil i thought 5n was a compound?but you say it can be used as a one step?can it finish down with a finish pad?

also any plans to bring the apcs over/

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

yes I was surprised to hear this from Jesse as well. but I had used it and it works with our Uber Green Pad.

no plans right now to bring over APC, as it would be an extremely expensive APC due to freight and taxes.

3. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Yep it's a compound, but can bust out some serious one-steppers! Here's a one-stepper I did on a Ferrari Maranello some time back

[​IMG]

And another I did on a Mercedes SL200 recently

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's got a very long working time, so it compounds in the beginning, breaks down to a medium polish, then finishes off as a fine polish... very nice if you get lazy and don't feel like switching polishes and pads (like me :)). Works very well on a DA with a polishing pad!

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Jesse ... any advice regarding speed and pressure when using a DA? How's the long is the "long working time"? 3-4 minutes per 2'x2' section? I'm interested in using this polish as a one-stepper. I'll be dealing with Japanese paint (Nissan and Toyota).

5. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

I usually work it for about 5+ minutes with a polishing pad (when using a DA), moderate pressure in the beginning then let off and just use the pressure of the DA around half way. With softer paints, you may want to stop and clean the pad about half way to reduce the cut, then resume at the same speed you left off with! I don't do a lot of Japanese cars over here, but the ones I've done in the past have been surprisingly harder than those of late, so just check the cut periodically and see how it's going, so perhaps you can get away with not cleaning the pad, but just check it ;)!

- Jesse