50% off CG Sasquatch Towels

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by acc1079, Oct 11, 2009.

1. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

Just saw this on twitter:

USE TWITTER FRIENDS CODE "MEGADEAL" to receive 50% of on everyone's favorite new towel the SASQUATCH MAXIMUS SUPER THICK FATTY TOWEL

Says it is only good for 2 days, but sometimes their sales run longer... so who knows.
    If you were wanting to try them..... I would think now would be a good time!

2. bigmikela

bigmikela Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sweet deal. I just saw this on Twitter as well. Do you know how they compare to the MICROFIBER MAX buy any chance?

Mike

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

If it is anything like the towel I think its copying...the sasquatch is quite a bit thicker and fluffier than the MAX towel you had in question.

4. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Nice deal. USA only? :(

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Towels this thick are pretty much useless when it comes to detailing. Anything grippy like polish residue or even carnauba waxes will cause them to just fold over on itself. Save your money.

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I totally agree..the thickest towel I have that is almost too thick are the 550's from CG..

7. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Agree for removing waxes, they may not be the best. But for removing dust (or sometimes drying), they work well.

Nothing like nice soft MF to remove wax dust from your car.

8. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Thick towels are also nice for quick detailing.

There is a degree of diminishing returns as towels get thick though.

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I agree with about them not being able to remove polish/wax, but what I do like them for is a final buff of QD to get rid of any haze or residual, also work great when you ONR and need a good drying MF. Other than that thick ones are just a paint sometimes.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree, for drying the large ones are great. I will be stocking the plush drying towels from Polished Bliss in a week or so.

I agree as well, but remember, the thicker the towel the more QD it will hold and waste. The Werkstat Plush towels I carry and the Cookie Monsters from eShine are probably as thick as I would recommend for QDing.

11. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Plush towels like the no name or AG Shamrock worked great for me when I was doing a waterless wash. Other than that I hardly ever use them.

The CG 550s are about the thickest yet still useful towels I have. Great for polish removal, QDing, etc.

12. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

911fanatic - thats all fine and dandy. I don't care about a little bit of wasted product. If anything - that makes them MORE valuable for QD. They hold product - which means you can prime them to allow for a smoother application with less friction.
    Awesome deal as with 50% off, they're actually buy-able in my eyes. I'd never spend more than $5 on a towel.

Additionally, they look promising for ONR washes

13. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Same here matt, Im a cheapo.

I just cant justify spending more than $5 unless its a drying towel.

Too bad they took off the 2 pack because that would have been even more of a deal.

14. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

towels that are too thick are not very useful, and are only good (IME) for wiping down scratch-sensitive areas (i've said this many times) where you don't need alot of pressure wiping in fear of instilling scratches. sometimes thicker doesn't always mean better, and around 350 - 550 gram microfiber towels (too thick of a towel has no bite) work best for everything else (removing polishes, etc) for me...

15. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

The CG 550's are the thickest I would go and at times I have a problem removing wax with them. I have one of the "No Names" and it's useless at removing wax. As a matter of fact, I used it yesterday for some QD work and I said I will never use it again plus it lints like crazy.

16. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Did anyone end up getting them, if so could you please put up a review?