488 GTB Paint Correction

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by sergiohawaii, Jan 31, 2016.

1. sergiohawaii

sergiohawaii New Member

This was an interesting detail, I got a call from another detailer in Honolulu, a well respected guy in the local detailing community. He mentioned briefly that his client got a new Ferrari 488 and upon his inspection, he could not believe how bad the paint was with so many sanding marks and holograms. I was intrigued and asked why was he calling me?? His words were: " While i have been detailing for 17+ years, I don't really feel that comfortable putting a machine on a 400k car and would rather do it with you under your supervision"

Since I had a last minute cancellation we booked the job for the following day.

Even tho this was a brand new car with less then 200 miles on it, we still checked all the boxes on our prep work to perform the best job possible. After the decontamination process, the results were even worse. We then taped the whole car and went to the cutting stage of our correction. A few areas were so bad, then I decided to use a rotary to speed up this process.

After several hours we were able to remove all the defects, holograms and sanding marks and started to polish the car to reveal the true color this Nero Daytona 488 should have...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:5195]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:5194]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:5198]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:5196]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:5199]

The point of this post is to treat your fellow detailers in your area as other professionals and work together to elevate the industry as a whole, as you never know when you will need each other's help.

2. aowheels

aowheels DB Pro Supporter

Great Job Sergio!!!

sergiohawaii likes this.
  3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nice work! more pics!

sergiohawaii likes this.
  4. Priyaka

Priyaka New Member

Excellent point and job well done!

5. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Very nice! Cool story too. Yes, we should all be professionals. You never know what it will do for you!

+1 on more pics!

6. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Nice job my friend. Haven't seen you for awhile. Aloha, Ron