3M's new Car Wash soap is simply amazing!!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Hi Guys,

I was on the new 3M website the other day looking at the 3m films, I happened to stumble across their new car care range, thought I'd give some of it a whirl!!

My initial results were a bit of a surprise, I already knew that 3M produced decent products but their shampoo is simply amazing!!!

It is the only shampoo I have tried that adds to my crystal rock sheen.

Other shampoos either slowly strip the wax layer, or just fails to really break down the dirt.

3M car wash soap (silly name, I know) foams and suds up like crazy, with a really deep cleaning action.

But best of all it left the car as if I have just applied another layer of wax!! Crazy!! :)

And all this for £5!!

The only down side is that the cap is rubbish, but I found if you ignored the pop top and just twisted it off then it worked as a useful measure, which is handy as it is a little runny so be careful when you pour!

Seriously though give it a try and tell me what you think!

Here's the shampoo on the 3M website -

3mselect.co.uk

[​IMG]

Kind Regards
    Paul Dalton
    Miracle Detail.

2. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Thanks Paul :mounty:

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Thanks, wonder if it is the same formula state side...may have to stop by PepBoys or something to pick up a bottle to compare it to Opt that I am running low on.

4. VehicleDetail

VehicleDetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

looks a good product Paul, How do you rate it against Z7? i still find Z7 the best shampoo

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

cool. i think i can get this around the corner.

6. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Hey Dude,

Hows you mate?

Haha, Z7 is one of my favourite shampoo's, and was no.1 fav, but I can't stop reaching for this every time I was a car now. I get addicted to smells, and this stuff smells awesome. The feeling you get with the sponge (Phils Uber sponge, bloody awesome phil I must say by the way) against a well protected panel using this shampoo , it feel super slippery. Even on a full detail at the first washing stage, it feels awesome even with contaminants still on the paintwork.

What amazes me the most, is its abilities to clean your car perfectly and is doesn't remove any protection. I've washed and washed my CRX and the beading effect doesn't deteriorate at all, that is a first in my book.

7. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

nice! does it by chance come in bigger sizes?

8. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Good point, I'll have a 200 litre barrel please! :gidiup:

9. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

paul you should try pinnacle bodywork shampoo... its all i use . its a little pricey but well worth it ..

10. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Funny, I've been using that Pinnacle 360 wax today? I think thats what its called... its at work so I cant check the name.

Thanks, I will get some! :) Bet its not as nice as the 3M stuff though, I have a few favs, Zaino Z7 being one of them, but 3M is the fav now. I better buy a box tomorrow before everyone buys it all!!!!!

11. slanguage

12. slanguage

13. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

interesting, they do even more products over there, seems there is a limited line in the UK from the website.

14. VehicleDetail

VehicleDetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

not bad thanks mate! how you doing? not spoke for a while.

for the sake of a fiver and free postage i've ordered a bottle to try :) might also make a nice new clay lube!

15. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Call me sometime, or email.

New clay lube, my thoughts exactly... this is why I love shampoos, they have two uses, washing and clay lube, and not forgetting the smells of all the shampoos on the market!! :mounty:

16. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

17. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

ALSO THIS STUFF IS PINK IN COLOUR!!! :yikes::shead:

18. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Thanks Paul ... I'm also a big fan of Z7. I think is has the right amount of lubricity to get the job done gently.

Has anyone found this car wash anywhere? Really interested in trying it. I also use Gold Class which is ok, but I'm not a fan.

19. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

thats interesting never thought of using soap as a clay lube how much do you use a cap full and the rest water? how does it compare to a regular qd clay lube?

20. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

paul you should try pinnacle body work shampoo .. one of the best out there . smells like coconut and super slick do to its coconutoils ...hmmmm yummy