3m UK Products in the US?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by tin, Jan 9, 2010.

1. tin

tin Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just wondering if anyone knows where to get 3m UK version products (ie: 5" pads and backing plates) in the US? I keep seeing these products in videos, but the only thing their US site shows are the 8" pads and a huge backing plate. I think that most people would agree with me, a smaller pad is a more desirable choice. Any ideas?

:shead:

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

You can get 3m UK backing plate from Phil at Detailers Domain (dont forget the 10% off code) Pads you can get the gray ones from some places. 3m ultrafine polish is the same as the UK, can find it at some auto stores or online such as detailing.com. The other 2 polishes are not the same and will have to get from the UK.

3. k1msta

k1msta Guest

pakshak has some 3m uk pads.. i think the blue and the orange one

4. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Thanks for the tip on the Pakshak thing, that's excellent.

That blue 3m UK finishing pad is the bomb - I love that thing. This other, yellow looking, compounding pad is something I've never seen before. I've got a 3M UK compounding pad that's about a year old, but it's green, with white velcro on the back. This Pakshak one looks like it's yellow/red.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Is the 3m finishing pad really that much better than uber blue or any other finishing? Thinking of trying out the waffle pads on the rotary.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

yes. 3m uk uf waffle pad is amazing.

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Any big difference in the black and blue pads? See lot more people using black pad than the blue.

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

You know, back about a year ago when a kind DB member did a group buy for 3M UK pads, I should have bought a dozen of each of them.

Beats me. I *think* that maybe the black one is available here in the US, or was at one time. Maybe those are the ones that detailerguy.com has occasionally. Looks like he took them off his site.

9. k1msta

k1msta Guest

the black one has better cut if i remember correctly.. but to me its like lc black,red,blue cant really tell the difference

10. pektel

black has a little cut to it. Blue has none. I have about 20 of the black us waffle ones. I use it with 106 with great results. 85rd and uk blue is awesome. No correction, but really amps up the gloss.

11. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm going to get a dozen of each hopefully... found a friend that has a brother in the UK still... but this will be for me and me only... man I'm greedy :D

12. pektel

or just order them from elitecarcare.co.uk

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Welcome - Carters Consumables

People everyone on DW is talking about having the cheapest pad prices. Shipping is cheap also, 4 pounds for 12 pads but I have emailed them to make sure that is the correct rate.

14. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

The black and orange pad are the old ones and have been replaced with the yellow and green pad. Yellow replaced black and green replaced orange. You do have the newest pad, hope that helps.

15. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I guess this is within the UK?

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

There price is cheap, and everyone in the UK talks about how cheap there pads are. I setup an account with them and shipping to the states for 12 pads was 4 pounds, thought that was a bit low so I emailed them and asked them to see if that was correct.

17. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Yeah I got 20 pads and 2 bottles of polish and it was $5.33 US. Can't be right...

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I found another email that international customers need to email to get shipping so I have done that and will people know the results.

Anyone try the following pads we get in the US:

3M 05727
    Shop 3M: 3M Perfect-it Hookit Foam Polishing Pad 05727, Waffle Face, 5 1/4 in

How do they compare? Is everyone using the black (now yellow) pad for finishing; after reading it seems to be a polishing pad (like a LC white) and the blue is the true finishing pad. Or is the black such a light cut it does not matter. Sorry, noob to the 3m pad line.

19. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I've never used the black one. Just the green, yellow, and blue.

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Yellow and black are suppose to be the same now....:thud:All confused...maybe I should get out of the library and go to class LOL.