3M PPS SunGun

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Hardstyler, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Hardstyler

Hardstyler Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi....

Does anyone know where I can get a 3M SunGun "cheap"?
    I want one...Shipping to Norway is required since thats where I live...

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you feel you have to have one, I would suggest getting an extra battery as they only last 10 - 15 minutes. I have both, the Sun Gun and a Brinkmann, and to be quite honest, I don't think the Sun Gun is worth the money. There are VERY few flaws in paint that the Sun Gun will show that the Brinkmann won't. Is it brighter than the Brinkmann? Most definitely. You will still need your halogens as well because the Brinkmann and Sun Gun do not highlight the fine lines inflicted from washing you car that well. The halogens do a better job. I'm not saying the Sun Gun doesn't work. I'm just saying your money would be better spent on a Brinkmann Dual Xenon and maybe upgrade your polisher or get a PTG.

4. Hardstyler

Thanks alot for the answers both of you...I took a look at Ebay and found some...
    After reading your answer 911fanatic I guess I will order a Brinkman instead...
    Waiting for my Defelsko btw from England:giggle:

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Question for the brinkmann users. I got a Dual Krypton one from the gf's parents for christmas. Is there a big differece between that and the Dual Xenon? I guess the Krypton one is stocked at Walmart for about 15 bucks.

6. pektel

nm, just looked at the xenon one online. totally different. Looks like I'll be buying the brinkmann dual xenon too :D

Hardstyler, make sure you get the dual xenon. The krypton one won't be bright enough to see anything.

7. Hardstyler

Will do!

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I've been using the 3M Sun Gun for quite some time and like 911 said it works great but only draw back is the life of the battery. I'm actually considering purchasing another one as a back up. But that's just me.

As for the Brinkman, the Brinkman will show some defects but not all. The Brinkman has it's limits but never the less great light for the price :thumb:

9. Hardstyler

Ohhh...wich one should I get? Maybe both...:shead:

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I'm a firm believer on don't knock it till you try it. Trying things out for your self is the best comparison you'll ever get.

But purchasing both is not cheap at all, but it's good to have options.

11. pektel

Spoken like a true DB member!

12. Hardstyler

Yeah...LoL

13. 911Fanatic

It will depend on the type of detailing you do. The kind of defects that are not picked up by the Brinkmann will never be seen outside. For 99% of detailers, those kind of results will be more than sufficient for their clients. For the Todds, Clarkes and PDs out there, go ahead and get the Sun Gun.

14. Hardstyler

Most likely I will get the Brinkmann...I got my halogens aswell so that will do I guess...=)

15. 911Fanatic

You will be fine. I didn't anything but halogens for about 13 years. Just got my Brinkmann and Sun Gun in the last 12 months.

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Don't forget the good ol' Infratech! :headbang:

17. 911Fanatic

I've never had the chance to use one. How is it different from the others?