3M Polishes

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by P1et, Nov 24, 2007.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

:reading:I was at Carquest today and they sure had a nice collection of 3M polishes. Doesn't Paul Dalton love these? They are as confusing as Menzerna with all their lovely little numbers.

Is anyone using these? Which ones are good?

Cheers!

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i think the person to talk about 3M isn't on DB yet.... Totoland Mach from AG forum is alway using 3M stuff. And I agree... they have like 500 different polishes... its crazy. i suggest sticking with Menz and saving yourself a headache and your pocketbook

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I could have sworn I saw Richard on DB, perhaps not? So you're saying that the 3M polishes are more expensive than Menzerna?

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I am very cursious to hear the info to come. I have been intersted in 3m polishes for a while, just never got around to ordering them. now thats its winter iwont oder till its warmer.

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

could be... im just trying to prevent you from spending more money on more products and possibly never using them again. You know that menzerna is the bomb and i don't think anyone will be able to top them for a while. You got your PG, SIP, 106ff, and 85rd... what else do you need?

but anyway, they have to be good for toto to use them... and i think paul does as well, doesn't make them good, nor does it make them bad

6. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Ed (Highendetail) works with 3M polishes. You know I need to go over there and give him the link to DB....

7. Nica

Nica Banned

3M polishes are something else :thumb: like Dust said thouh there are lots to choose from...it's a bit hard to keep up with. I hav some of the 3M polishes but to be honest I can't remember the ones I purchased...it's supposed to be the equivalent of Menzerna...they are a great back up polish...should Menzerna act up on you that is but I haven't had a problem with Menzerna just yet.

Yes, Master Toto uses lots of 3M products. Paul Dalton also uses 3M polishes too. I think paul mentioned the products he uses at DW...I'll try to find it the numbers he uses..the thing is that UK has completely different products compared to US or Canada...heck the 3M backing plate that I use I had to order it from the UK becuase 3M US and Canada can not get them here :confused: UK boys have wicked products :wicked:

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Okay I found some info posted at DW:

09374 - Fast cut compound - White top
    50417 - Fast cut PLUS - Green top
    09375 - Fine compound - Black top
    80349 - Extra fine compound - Yellow top
    09376 - Machine polish - Light blue top
    50383 - Ultrafina polish SE - Dark blue top

This was posted by Paul Dalton at DW..still trying to find something like a chart that compares Menzerna products to 3M.

9. richy

richy Guest

I use Presta UCC or UCCL as an alternative to SIP..it's a little stronger, buffs to a high gloss with wool and can be followed up with something as mild as micro polish (haven't used my 85rd yet). The nice thing about them is their price!!

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Good point there richy, forgot all about the Presta line. I personally haven't used it but glad you brought it up :thumb: