303 protectant/fabric and vinyl cleaner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by B.Prug87, Jan 29, 2010.

1. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Im looking for a good interior cleaner and i wanted some opinions on these two products.the protectant i would like to use on the dashboard and plastic trim after they have been treated with the cleaner first. Would that be the right thing to do? Also would it be a good idea to use the cleaner on leather/vinyl seats before treating them?
    edit: if there is a more cost effective product out there that does a simular job suggest it.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

the aerospace protectant would be great fro dash and plastics, as it has UV blockers in it and will leave a matte finish.

i used to use it on my top when I had a 'vert.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

303 protectant will be fine. Altough I'm lazy, and just use a one step 1Z cockpit premium...cleaner and protectant in one!

4. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Thats what im using now.I really like it.I just might end up getting a few more bottles

5. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Ive used 303 in my work truck and have to say I prefer the look 1Z cockpit leaves better. I find 303 has a bit too much sheen for my taste.

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Iz einszett Cockpit Premium contains a cleaner and UV protection , unlike 303™ Space Protectant that doesn't contain cleaners.

One product would be more 'cost effective' than two :)

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

why not just get a 10 liter jug of it? That should last you a while...

8. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Can't go wrong with cockpit premium. Definitely is one product that I will likely use for as long as I'm detailing.

9. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

303 protectant for protection, IMO, any apc dilution (im using DG Orange ultimate 1:10 for interior) has better cleaning ability rather than 2 in 1 product

10. epic32

epic32 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

if you use 303 protectant on the dash will it make the windows foggy with oils? iv had previous experience with other products doing that and it was kind of annoying.

11. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

303 is a great product, but I would agree with others if you are using it on the dash. The Einszett is great for cleaning and protecting all in one shot, leaves a clean smell unlike what 303 will leave. The Einszett however will not leave any gloss to the areas, it will leave as they were. if you don't want any gloss and want to do two steps in one, then Einszett or Sonax all the way.

If you want a slight semi-gloss I would recommend the Sonus Cockpit detailer.

303 is great for other rubber parts, items that are left out in the elements.

12. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

100% agreed

13. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

I use the cockpit premium for cleaning and if the customer prefers a little sheen to the interior I use the 303 protectant. I then let it sit for about an hour and then go through and give everything one last wipe to ensure no extra product.

As for it leaving the windshield foggy I've never had a problem with the 303 protectant doing that.

14. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Ultima tire and trim guard plus can not be beat. Sure its on the expensive side but you use so little that in the end you are ahead.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

15. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

When I use 303 I use it very sparingly or it will leave too much shine. 1Z Cockpit Premium leaves no shine at all.

16. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

If I ever have too much "shine" I just continue to buff that area till it matches with the rest.

17. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I kinda think of it the same as paint work. Good prep makes the protectant last longer and look better. Using dedicated products (separate cleaner and dressing), has always yielded me the best results.

2-in-1's are great if you're doing a high volume of cars IMO.

18. TechnikSLR

TechnikSLR Two Bucket System Washer

i really quite like the finish and clean that the 1z cockpit leaves. if you have dirt or other products on your dash you will see this foam up and lift the products out and put down a nice matte finish. plus i think it smells nice!

19. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Einszett Cockpit Premium followed by Werkstat Satin Prot.

20. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

I vote for Einszett Cockpit Premium. I love the matte finish on this product, no oily residue or shine at all.