$3.99 10ft HDMI Cable

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by P1et, Dec 8, 2008.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Everyone,

Just bought one of these for myself, couldn't pass up a great deal. Thought I'd share:

HDMI M / M Cable 1.3, 10 FT / 3 M

Use coupon HDMIMM10FT, there is free shipping as well. Out the door for $3.99, cannot beat it.

:chips:

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Man. I would be all over this if I needed one. Luckily, I got mine back a couple years ago when they were $45 for 6ft

3. P1et

Not too long ago, I bought about 20x of them for a cheap price and sold them all on Craigslist. But I sold a few too many of them, leaving me short. So I welcomed this deal!

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

$89.99 retail price? Wow, have to be kidding.

There really is no difference in the functionality of HDMI cables so I don't really see why anyone would purchase such expensive HDMI cables. However, the one P1et listed is at a great price, hehe.

5. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

If anyone needs HDMI's, I would jump on this deal!

6. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

On a daily basis, Monoprice.com is a great place to get HDMI cables as well. DO NOT BUY OVERPRICED MONSTER CABLES!!!

7. P1et

I am on the belief that since HDMI is digital, the cable will either WORK or it will NOT work. The quality will be the same. I have generic cables in my system and they work perfectly. Actually, the Belkin rep at one point gave me one of their $90 cables and guess what, it didn't even work. No signal. So much for that, right?

8. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Yep, MP has great cables and very good pricing.

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Don't tell my friend that :duh: He's an audiophile and apparently will argue this to the death.

10. P1et

Monster Cable has a decent consumer line, but any audiophile will agree that there are much better cables out there! Personally, I think that Audioquest and Kimber have good price points and very nice cables.

11. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Yep, have a bunch of AQ cables myself.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Man great deal on that cable.

You guys know how I'm always saying "You get what you pay for". Well I can't say the same when it comes to HDMI cables or certain cables for that matter. A good friend of mine owns a distributor for electronics here in town and that's where I get all my electronic "stuff" from. When it comes to cable I was shown the difference and I have to take my favorite saying back, brands on HDMI cables, in my opinion don't make a difference...but that's just my :2cents:

13. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I'm pretty much referring to HDMI cables only. There is a certain cost/benefit threshold you reach with cables. Poorly made cables will result in signal loss or no signal at all, no matter the price. Then, there are some cables that are way overpriced, and at that point, you're buying snake oil. For anyhting coax (RG-6) releated, I'm a big fan of Canare and Belden cables and connectors. I have my fair share of custom made cables (some I made myself!!!), but always draw the line when things start smelling like snake oil.

14. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I was more leaning towards the argument against "cables are cables." He hates that, he even says HDMI cables are all different with response time etc.

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

The cables are only really dependent of what type of signals are being sent and received. Quality cables tend to be more important with analog signals whereas digital signals such as HDMI are pretty much static.

Anyone that can seriously say and they can tell the difference between a "quality" HDMI cable and a cheap is only buying into the hype of overpriced cables. This also goes for 1080p resolution television sets. You can not tell the difference between 720p and 1080p at reasonable viewing distances.