3/4" Quick Disconnect and Shut Off Valve DIY

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by DaytonaJae, May 5, 2014.

1. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

I was ran across this thread on another detailing forum regarding a DIY Shut-Off Valve.
    Intrigued, I read it, and with some readily available parts at the local Home Depot/Lowes, I was able to build myself one with a 3/4" internal diameter for increased flow. Not that I'm trying to get to pressure washer levels or anything, just a fun little DIY "just because it's cooler".

Plus it looks and feels MANLY.

The Quick Disconnects were ordered from Eley. They weren't cheap, but they are cool.

Old Quick Disconnect & Shut Off Valve assembly - Was shocked to see the small diameter of the units I bought from Lowe's a few years ago. I thought they were all the same. No wonder it took forever to fill up my buckets...

[​IMG]

New Shut Off Vaqlve with 3/4" diameter

[​IMG]

3/4" Quick Disconnect diameter

[​IMG]

New vs Old Male Quick Disconnects

[​IMG]

Quick Disconnect + Shutoff Valve Assembly
    When all is said and done, this beast of a shut off valve comes with a built-in hook to hang on the side of your bucket or cart.
    Noticeably more flow for sure. Buckets fill up quicker, nozzles have more kickback when first turned on than before.

[​IMG]

Here is the original thread where I got the information from:
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/77658-diy-full-flow-brass-garden-hose-shut-off-valve.html

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I just ordered the Eley quick disconnects along with two extra plugs. I cannot wait to give them a try.