22PLE VX1 Pro Glass Coat vs. Wolf's Chemicals Hard Body?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by SoCal Garage, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Okay, this topic is bound to be raised sooner or later so who has done the VX1 Pro Glass Coat vs. Hard Body comparison and what is your feedback? Thanks in advance.

2. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

subd. interested as well, hard body has been go to but wondering what people have noticed between the two.

3. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

Agreed. I'm looking forward to some feedback as well.

4. Fenderpicks

Fenderpicks Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I bought a bottle of 22PLE... and there is pretty much no instructions on the box or anything.
    I checked their web site, seems to be just a mere shell, no information or product on their web site, just a phone number for u to call.....
    idk whats 22PLE's deal, but i assume it is similar to CQ....

5. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

22ple usage instructions:

http://esotericdetail.com/22ple-glass-coatings-now-in-stock-at-esoteric-auto-detail/

1. Ensure the surfaces are cleaned & polished.

2. Remove all oil/polishes on the surface by doing an IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) wipe down. Use a mixture of 50% Isopropyl Alcohol with 50% distilled water.

3. Please make sure the surfaces are cool and TOTALLY dry before applying the glass coat.

4. Pour a small amount of glass coat liquid onto a soft applicator and apply in a straight line motion. Do not over-apply as it does not give you additional benefit, but might make it difficult to remove.

5. Make sure ALL surfaces are covered and you should buff off the coating with a clean, lint-free microfiber towel within 3~5 minutes in normal room temperature. Should you encounter any dried coating, simply reapply another layer over it and buff. If an area becomes dry / tacky, then it’s a sign that you allowed it to sit on the surface too long. We like to use 2 towels for removal…the first for main product removal, and then immediately go over it again with the second towel to ensure that you have completely removed all residue. As a good rule of thumb, apply 22ple to just 2 panels / sections at a time, and then proceed with residue removal. If you extend any more than this, the coating will dry too much and can become tacky.

6. Tact time (do not wash car or expose the car to open weather elements…rain, snow etc) is around 8~12 hours.

7. After this initial curing time, the car can be washed or driven per normal.

8. The full curing time is about 5 days, at which time the full layer of the coat will be hardened and the surface will look its best.

Note: This is the easiest to use pure glass coating product that you can purchase in the market currently, so you should not be too concerned about the application technique. Just make sure the surfaces are properly cleaned, oil-free and cool when using these coatings.

Since the coating will harden after a few hours, you should NOT re-use the applicator or the microfiber on another car as they will cause surface marring! While other coating products will claim to be hard, you will soon notice that 22ple coating is the only one in the market right now that will harden an applicator and microfiber…they are pure glass silica product and will provide a hardened layer of protection for the coated surface. Also do look out for the incredible shine when you look at the car under sunlight. Even a white or silver car will look incredibly vibrant after being glass coated with VX1.

6. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

i think Chad R might have a test panel comparing: 22PLE, HB, OC/OG

he just did this one recently:

"Testing to see if 22ple is effected negatively when Eraser is used for prepping the paint vs. IPA. For shits and giggles I did a section with just water. Panel was polished with Rupes Zephir, Keramik, and Diamond. I'm going to cure it with an IR lamp and post my findings at a later date. ;)"

7. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

I do have a test panel with 22ple, CQF, OG, and HB on it, but so far I've only used it to show my clients the differences in appearance and feel.

Maybe Jessie can comment but it's my understanding that HB is not a true coating like OG or the other glass coatings (22ple, CQF, C1...). I will say HB is slick as snot and looks amazing, but I have not tested long term durability with it.

From my current experience and testing if you want the most durable, Opti-Guard is still it hands down. If you want a glass coating they are all pretty similar, but each seems to excel in it's own way. Currently I prefer CQF but you also have to be an authorized installer to get it. 22ple can be bought by anyone...

I currently have several test pans with CQF, 22ple and OG on them, but testing is still in the early stages. I also have one test car with 22ple on it, my wife's car is coated with CQF, and my winter beater has panels with all 3 coatings on it. Come spring/summer I will have a better opinion of which I like and recommend. ;)

Rasky