22PLE is now in stock at Detailer's Domain

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Dec 6, 2012.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

22PLE is now in stock at Detailer's Domain

Offering just the right combination of brilliant gloss and durability, 22ple is available in 3 different formulas for specific application areas of the car: One for paint, one for plastic trim, and a high-temp formula for metal and rims.

The high silica-content glass coatings are applied in a thin layer as a liquid, and once cured, 22ple literally leaves a hardened glass barrier between the paint (or other protected areas) and the harmful elements. So not only does this glass barrier provide a brilliant gloss and shine, it offers a level of protection to your car that can’t be equaled by any wax or sealant. While most carnauba waxes last only a month or two, and sealants upwards of 4-6 months, you can expect 18-24 months durability with 22ple Glass Coating!

One of the key features of this coating is that harmful and destructive contaminants won’t stick to the surface as easily…leaving your paint in much better condition for a longer period of time. And since there’s less “stick” on the surface, you’ll find that washing and drying is MUCH easier and quicker. Your wash mitt will glide across the surface like never before (creating a safer, mar-free wash process), and drying is near effort-less due to the hydrophobic properties of 22ple.

When used on wheels and metal, the VM1 formula will prevent heavy brake dust buildup, and make subsequent cleanings much easier. And when used on plastic trim, the VR1 formula will create a deep, rich color that will last for well over a year…as opposed to just weeks for other trim products!

22PLE application instructions

1. Ensure the surfaces are cleaned & polished.

2. Remove all oil/polishes on the surface by doing an IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) wipe down. Use a mixture of 50% Isopropyl Alcohol with 50% distilled water.

3. Please make sure the surfaces are cool and TOTALLY dry before applying the glass coat.

4. Pour a small amount of glass coat liquid onto a soft applicator and apply in a straight line motion. Do not over-apply as it does not give you additional benefit, but might make it difficult to remove.

5. Make sure ALL surfaces are covered and you should buff off the coating with a clean, lint-free microfiber towel within 3~5 minutes in normal room temperature. Should you encounter any dried coating, simply reapply another layer over it and buff. If an area becomes dry / tacky, then it’s a sign that you allowed it to sit on the surface too long. We like to use 2 towels for removal…the first for main product removal, and then immediately go over it again with the second towel to ensure that you have completely removed all residue. As a good rule of thumb, apply 22ple to just 2 panels / sections at a time, and then proceed with residue removal. If you extend any more than this, the coating will dry too much and can become tacky.

6. Tact time (do not wash car or expose the car to open weather elements…rain, snow etc) is around 8~12 hours.

7. After this initial curing time, the car can be washed or driven per normal.

8. The full curing time is about 5 days, at which time the full layer of the coat will be hardened and the surface will look its best.

Note: This is the easiest to use pure glass coating product that you can purchase in the market currently, so you should not be too concerned about the application technique. Just make sure the surfaces are properly cleaned, oil-free and cool when using these coatings.

Since the coating will harden after a few hours, you should NOT re-use the applicator or the microfiber on another car as they will cause surface marring! While other coating products will claim to be hard, you will soon notice that 22ple coating is the only one in the market right now that will harden an applicator and microfiber…they are pure glass silica product and will provide a hardened layer of protection for the coated surface. Also do look out for the incredible shine when you look at the car under sunlight. Even a white or silver car will look incredibly vibrant after being glass coated with VX1.

Here are our offerings:

[​IMG]

22ple VX1 Signature Glass Coating

[​IMG]

22ple VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coating

[​IMG]

22ple VR1 Plastic and Trim Restorer

[​IMG]

22ple VM1 Wheel and Metal Coating

2. sydtoosic

sydtoosic Birth of a Detailer

just ordered the 50ml VX1 PSGC... thanx Phil. can't wait to see what it brings to the table. if it's better than HB i'm going to put the HB in back on the shelf. it's rather pricey but i think it's going to be well worth it. made sense to get the big bottle... more applications.:headbang:

3. Alex1389

Alex1389 Two Bucket System Washer

Looking forward to seeing some results

4. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Phil, any thoughts on this yet? Have you been able to trying out yet?

5. detailersdomain

its a great product very easy to use, had the first set of samples about 2 years ago.

I'll have a write up and photos up shortly have done a few cars with them.

Phil

6. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Hey Phil, will you be running a December 22nd special on 22PLE? ;)

7. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

If we make it past Dec 21st that's a great idea! :D

8. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I think if you coat everything with 22PLE then it should survive the 21st :)

9. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Does anyone have any long term experience with this stuff? I'm interested but don't wanna be let down like with aquartz

10. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

has anyone compared this to Hard Body? Im obsessed with Hardbody, the shine/slick is absolutely insane!!

11. Will

Will Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Can this be used on glass and does it have a visual hydrophobia like waxes do or does it just sheet?

12. detailersdomain

I believe their should be a glass coating from 22ple in 2013.

13. Will

Will Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So its safe to assume this specific model is not meant for glass?

14. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Correct, a windshield/glass coating could be forthcoming in 2013.

15. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

If this stuff hardens like glass, how does it cope on something flexible, like a plastic bumper? Also, the application sounds a bit finicky and still having the same durability as HB. How does this stuff compare to HB in terms of scratch resistance?

16. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

In my observations it doesn't harden like glass. It definitely hardens but more like a plastic. Also I didn't think it was finicky at all. IMO you would want to buff it off before you think you would normally want to. If you wait too long it gets sticky and for me 5 minutes was too long.

17. sydtoosic

sydtoosic Birth of a Detailer

i'll know soon how it differs from HB. Phil is applying 22ple PSGC on my car now. He applied HB on my car back in the summer. IMO HB is really not as durable as it may seem. my paint was violated... long story, won't get into it. so i asked Phil to apply the 22ple PSGC this time. i won't test the durability by putting my car through a car grinder or using the wrong wash technique when i wash the car. she is my daily so i'll see how the ple holds up.