2014 Lexus GS350 - Paint Correction & Opti-Coat Pro by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Mr. Sparkle, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle DB Pro Supporter

I recently had done a couple Lexus IS models in black that were really tough to work with (very soft and banged up from dealership mishandling). When I got the call for this GS350 in Nebula Gray Pearl I thought I may be headed down that same road. Fortunately I was wrong and its a good example that you must treat every car differently. This paint proved much easier to work with.

Car was dropped off, and it was freezing cold outside. Rolled out the wash mat and got down to business indoors. Did the wheels quickly then foamed the car with a mix of CG citrus wash gloss, dawn, and a touch of Optimum Power Clean (add to desired taste)

[​IMG]

Although nearly brand new, I was told the vehicle had previously been protected with Sonax Net Shield. In response I used CarPro TRIX in hopes of stripping off whatever may have been on the paint to help see the true condition once dry.

Vehicle was also clayed with Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay. Picked up a few contaminants on the lower panels, but nothing too exciting really.

(shoutout to Albert Kemperle for your local detailing / body shop needs - love those pressure sprayers while claying a car)

[​IMG]

Dried the car and I found the vehicle had very light defects, which were difficult to see given the basecoat (metallic gray). Even under LED lighting it was all about the right angle. Ultimately my point & shoot just wasn't providing any amazing before & afters on the paint correction which was relatively straightforward.

As noted earlier - this paint seemed relatively easy to work with. The doors of the vehicle required a quick pass of Rupes + Megs MF pads + D300. The majority of the vehicle was done with Flex / Griots + LC white + Menz SF4000

Few photos after the correction work. Inspection under LED lighting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prepped the surface with CarPro Eraser to strip any remaining polishing oils. Applied Opti-Coat Pro to all exterior paint, headlights, trim and wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Sparkle in deep concentration

[​IMG]

After all that, stand back and admire your work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess I got my swagga back - here in the Mr. Sparkle garage - Long Island, NY

Mr. Sparkle Detailing.com

Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

rwisejr likes this.
  2. TurboJoe

TurboJoe DB Forum Supporter

Nice work, Looks good!

3. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Looks great!

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Another great job !!