2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe Detail W/Film & Coating

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Auto Concierge, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

It is not often that I get surprised at the condition of any vehicle I work on, however when it is a 150K BMW with eight miles on the odometer and I receive it in the atrocious condition it came in this shows the rampant lack of care and quality dealership(s) as in all of them demonstrate no matter what is paid in the price of the vehicle and they do not care one bit.

The vehicle was purchased on line and in all fairness I believe the VPC was the cause of the poor condition of this car and not the dealership as it was requested to leave all the plastic protection on the vehicle and DO NOT DETAIL OR TOUCH THE CAR sans the PDI that is required, the car was shipped and specifically a request to utilize tire straps over the wheels and not go through the spokes........

[​IMG]

Even requested.................... that request was not met, microfiber towel did prevent scratches thankfully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the plastic was removed and the wash/decon steps were carried out, during the wash my mitts were sticking to the all the top portions of the car which I thought was odd as it was covered in protective plastic..... later as I deconed the finish I would pull HEAVY particulate and dirt as the following pics demonstrate.

Clay after just a few passes on the hood.

[​IMG]

Clay after doing the whole top of the car where the plastic was.

[​IMG]

IMO the car was left exposed to the elements then the plastic was put on, as I have done many Euro delivery BMW's and even after the clients driving them on holiday in Europe they never have this damage.

It get's worse, hard water etch everywhere.

[​IMG]

Door jambs.

[​IMG]

Under carriage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As this vehicle was getting a comprehensive wrap of film, I had to prep all those areas and correct RIDS and water spots, correction of those issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lower rocker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marring on a car with eight miles.....................lovely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Client would never see this in all actuality, but I could...................... and it bothered me.

[​IMG]

After much rubbing with the gel.

[​IMG]

During the removal steps, many passes with the gel and still stubborn etch to deal with.

[​IMG]

Finally correction of the spots.

[​IMG]

Film could now be applied, Johnson from Mach 3 removing the badges which came out with much effort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kidney grills put up a fight.................and eventually lost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the film was done, it was time to correct the rest of the finish and get the coating applied. Marring on the trunk.

[​IMG]

Great paint readings to work with.

[​IMG]

Trunk looking much better.

[​IMG]

After medium polishing step, with the clarity.

[​IMG]

More defects...................eight mile vehicle how does this happen(Answer unwashed masses destroying quality BMW product).

[​IMG]

All better.

[​IMG]

Holograms on the Black Trim.

[​IMG]

Removed.

[​IMG]

Long deep RID.......................not good.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

Yes there is more........

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

Did I mention there were water spots........................... carbon diffuser savaged.

[​IMG]

After much effort(Note** anyone who has dealt with spots that laugh at vinegar knows how much effort it takes to remove this without pulling out a rotary and a wool pad/Box of rocks compounding zinging off microns of material).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working out the defects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Water spots on the wheels...........of course.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

Removal of dirt in the crevice of the bumper.

[​IMG]

Engine pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big improvement interior wise from BMW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A thing of beauty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

What a beautiful vehicle, love the CF roof picture. Thanks for sharing and getting that beast back to how it should have been delivered!

3. Mpower4life

Mpower4life DB Pro Supporter

with the tightness.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job! that's some insane clear film work!

5. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

If I was only quite a bit richer!! Sweet ride and great work!!

6. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Looks great!