2013 BRZ Corrected/Opti Coated Again

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by tdekany, Jan 13, 2014.

1. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Thanks to the dealer, they washed the car even though they were instructed initially not to do so. It is actually in the computer system. Not sure what they used.

I worked on the car the first time on 12.26.2012,when the car was brand new. The dealer agreed to pay for the detail without any fuss so I went back to correct the paint and reapplied Opti Coat Pro.

I totally forgot to take during pictures, but the customer is very happy again, the paint is back to nearly 100%

CG wash
    Clay towel
    HD Adapt
    HD Polish
    IPA
    Eraser
    Perl on tires

1/2 miles of gravel to get to the house

[​IMG]
    P1030005.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P1030002.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Normally underneath the licence plate the paint is pretty filthy from all the build up, but look what happens with Opti Coat. It was clean! :props:

[​IMG]
    P1030006.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Close to midnight, with tempatures below freezing outside, only the usual inside pictures of the car.

[​IMG]
    P1030021.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P1030010.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P1030022.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P1030026.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    P1030028.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job Thomas!

3. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

those are some seriously nice pics Thomas!

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Great job again !!!! LOL

5. dsmith2013

dsmith2013 Virgin Detailer

Great work! How was the Opti Coat holding up after a year? I see some decent beading in the first couple pictures.

6. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

I appreciate the comments. The dirt melted off when rinsing it with a pressure washer, but there was no beading at all. See, this owner only washed it twice I think since she had the car. I knew this from the get go. The paint was contaminated as well. But because I was going to compound it, I didn't worry about it.

7. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Nice work Thomas!

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks really nice Thomas. I have a Mustang coming in for the third application in 16 months. One hack detailer 6 months ago and most recently, a complimentary dealer wash are responsible for the latest two applications. :thumbdown:

tdekany likes this.
  9. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Thanks guys!

Can't wait to see that Mustang.

10. Runge

Runge New Member

very nice! you should include a sign with every car you do 'dealer - DO NOT wash' except then it will take away from your business :p

tdekany likes this.
  11. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Thank you! I normally "educate" the clients when it comes to dealer visits and signs taped to the front and side windows. Pretty sad that we have to do that though.