2012 Lightning Red WRX - 1 Step Correction & Opti-Coat

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Cobrakai, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Cobrakai

Cobrakai Virgin Detailer

Hey guys,

Was contacted on the Subaru forums about a possible correction and Opti-Coat application. After throwing around some numbers and correction rates including the time requirements, we decided on a one step correction, followed up with OC 2.0. I chose menzerna PF2500 paired with Lake County Hydro-tech Tangerine and Buff & Shine Green pads for a decent amount of correction that would finish down nicely.

Total time: 14 hours

On Arrival:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swirls very apparent, even through the layer of soil.

[​IMG]

Backed the car out after a wash and clay bar to see what I was up against, it turned out to be a very long day and night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly I was really fighting the clock on this one as I had forgotten how large these vehicles are compared to the 02-07 body style that I am so used to. So there aren't many during or 50/50 shots :(, however, I believe this one gets the point across.

[​IMG]

After shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my personal favorite... the money shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All questions and comments welcomed, thanks for looking.

Tony

2. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

Nice work make sure that owner gets some better maintenance washes going or not if you want to see him more frequently, lol!! Nice work again though I'm sure the owner was thoroughly pleased.

3. Cobrakai

Cobrakai Virgin Detailer

I agree with you 100% on that, after he picked it up we spent a bit talking about "proper" washing methods, products, and etc. Thanks, he was floored to say the least.

4. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

great job!

Cobrakai likes this.
  5. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

Good change from seeing all the famous blue subies. Good correction with a one stepper.

Limny

Cobrakai likes this.
  6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great 50/50 shot. thanks for sharing.

Cobrakai likes this.
  7. Cobrakai

Cobrakai Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the kind words guys.

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Amazing work!!