2011 Stanley Cup

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Supertuner, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Okay so now that the B's tied the series, who do you guys like to win the cup, I think the Bs are going all the way this year, they've through so many battles and letdowns for quite some time; I still can't believe Van is playing like crap, If the B's keep up this intense physical play they got a shot at the cup. Luongo has surprised me too he looks shaky at best lately. Timmy is the man with his crazy aggressive style, it hurt game 2 but has had some sick saves all year. Any Canucks/Bruins fans out there.
    Go Bs:headbang:

Please no finger biting:poke:lol

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan...so by default, I hate the Bruins! lol. I just want a Canadian team to win the cup, so my Money is on the Canucks...especially on Luongo since he's from the same part of the city I'm from.

3. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

Being a Flyers fan, I'm pretty biased against the bruins as well...I think the next three games could really go either way. Luongo went through the same issues against the hawks and responded so I wouldn't think he'll just fold. Thomas's style really pisses me off but he gets the job done so it hard to argue against it.

I would expect the rest of the games to be more like games 1 and 2, low scoring, tight but frantic , edge of your seat games.

I'm a huge hockey fan playoffs this year have been great minus the flyers pooping the bed against the B's..

4. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Been following all the games very intently. Not rooting for either one, know a little about Vanc. and living in the SE of Pa. means i hate Boston,
    but love what they are doing. I noticed one thing about Boston, they read the game well and adjust to the conditions, while still playing their style,
    so my hats off to Boston and i wish Nathan Horton a speedy recovery.

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Vancouver got smoked a few times during these playoffs and came right back to win the series. Luongo will bounce back but if Schneider plays it's fine as his GAA was actually better than Luongo's this year. We have two of the final three games at home where we rarely lose. Having said that, Thomas is playing insanely well. Problem is, he's the only guy on Boston that is. Boston is playing physical, but there are no standouts in their roster. If Thomas has a bad game, they're hooped. I just hope they go seven games and they are all one goal games.

6. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Yeah I'm with this guy :)

<-- avatar

7. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

If it does go seven I agree that you'd probably favor the canucks in that instance, surprised not to many Boston fans; if they can win it'd be sick past decade of sports for the area between the sox, celts, and pats. Overall these playoffs have been great with all the overtimes an great matchups.

8. Schleprock

Schleprock Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Well being born and raised in Vancouver and old enough to remember the Canucks coming into the League I am a nucks fan. Now having said that I also follow the Flyers and consider myself to be the biggest fan in Western Canada so there is a double whammy against the Bruins.

Very nervous right about now the last 2 games getting blown out 12-1 in goals does not look good and that is tough to bounce back from. I'm a goaltender myself and have never been a big Lou fan and I'm not sure he has what it takes to be honest. They have to stay with him though at 10 mil a year time to buck up there big guy. Tonight will be the biggest test for Vancouver if they drop this game I'd say stick a fork in them because they're done.

Although Timmy has been great the twins need to step it up and show why they both won the scoring race the last two years. Don't get me wrong they aren't the only ones that need to dig down deep and produce. Lets take it to 7!! That's what the finals should ALWAYS be!

As for Horton, like it was said hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

9. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

Flyers fan checking in here.

Whoever wins Game 5 wins the series. The Nucks look like children trying to play a grown mans sport. Its going to be hard for them to win this I think. They look like the flyers did (no heart) and they are facing a goalie who has been turning on god-mode before each game. It kills me to say this but as of right now you have to go with Boston taking it all.

These are the last two teams I wanted in the cup but it has been one hell of a Cup so far which I give both teams props for.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marchand get beat to a pulp out there. Can't stand him...I did almost shit my pants when he scored that short-handed goal the other night though.

10. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Virgin Detailer

Devil fan here.....

Pulling for the B's...... Luongo looks soft where as Thomas is tough as nails..... When you smack the Sedin twins in the mouth, they disappear...... The tougher team will win and that's the B's right now..... But there's lots of time for that to change if the Canucks dig down deep..... Be interesting to watch the rest of the way.

Watch out for the Devs next year, my friends!!!

11. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Canucks all the way! This is war.

12. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Virgin Detailer

If this is war, then be ready to see your soft team to go down in colossal defeat, my northern friend.

13. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

A thing to consider is the defense since the hit by Rome and what has followed, it has placed more of the burden on Vanc. defense and has seemed to maybe wear on them
    a little. Some of the goals scored was because players went around their defense and scored. Vanc. has to back check better to help the d out. Game 5 tonight, hold on.

14. 911Fanatic

It should be a good one as Vancouver rarely loses at home. I'm hoping for seven games with an overtime winner in game 7. :)

15. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Yea I'm more interested in exciting, competitive, and great play than necessarily who wins.

16. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Timmy is the man he's the only goalie I've seen get a hit on somebody, plus the fight w/ carey price early this year;

Close game so far. feels like another overtime, hopefully more than 11 seconds though

17. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Canucks

18. 911Fanatic

Ummmm........no.

19. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Great game last night.

20. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

One more to go! :D