2009 Ford F150 Correction with Opti Coat 2.0

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by J BELL, Mar 14, 2013.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Hey guys, i apologize in advance for a not very well documented write up here. I am getting back into detailing after a couple year hiatus due to school stress of time. I picked up this truck in October and was really looking forward to giving it some care. It has been ONR'd every week or so as i live in an apartment. I got some good weather and a couple days free to give it a good detail so i thought i would share. I performed the detail under an awning at my apartment over 2 days. ONR wash this morning before starting day 2 as it had been sitting out overnight. Here it goes, no befores as it was still very clean from the last wash on Sunday.

Wash
    ONR and Car Pro Wool Wash Mitt

Wheels
    P21S wheel gel

Tires
    Autoglym PowerMax3 3:1
    Meguars Hyperdressing 1:1

Paint
    Riccardo Yellow Clay with ONR 1:32 as lube
    Megs D300 with one dot of M105 on 6" Cutting Microfiber disc
    IPA wipedown and showed good results
    M205 on Edge 6" and 4" Blue Polishing flat pad
    IPA Wipedown
    Optimum Opti Coat 2.0 on paint, wheels, plastic trim, bumpers, and rubber seals (yeah i decided to try it on here, it worked out well)

Glass
    Surf City Garage of course

Chrome also got S100 Polishing soap before opti coat.

Here are a few after pics, sorry for the lack of pictures but the lighting on this particular color is tricky if you cant manipulate your own light source. So i did the best i could, swirls were moderate and i think i got about 90% correction or so. Was pleased with the results. The B pillars on these trucks has always been a booger for me, I never have been able to keep them looking good but Opti Coat was money on them.

IMG_7852.jpg
    IMG_7855.jpg
    IMG_7856.jpg
    IMG_7857.jpg
    IMG_7862.jpg
    IMG_7864.jpg
    IMG_7866.jpg