2008 Viper ACR Black w Red Stripe

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by gmblack3, Jan 10, 2009.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

This started out back in early Sept when I was fortunate enough to accompany my good friend to pick up his new 2008 Viper ACR down in Houston.

We arrived at the dealership on Monday Sept 1 after our flight. After the paperwork was complete, Chris and I covered the front of the car for the drive back to Atlanta.

[​IMG]

We where in a hurry to get on the road, as you may remember hurricane Gustav
    was heading right for us. With Chris's busy work schedule this was the only time he had to pick up the car. Waiting another month was not an option.

The ACR comes with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. With a treadwear rating of 80 these barely legal street tires would not do well in hurricane type rains. Our plan was to head north to Little Rock, over to Memphis stay overnight and then to Atlanta.

A little more then 150 or so miles into the trip. We began to notice more then a few bugs hitting the windshield.

[​IMG]

Yes for more then 30 mins lovebugs were on us with a reckless Kamikaze attack. Not wanting to use the wipers to smear the mess further, we finally had to pull off in some small town to clean the windshield. We found a small old skool parts store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris grabbed some glass cleaner by turtle wax (not the best selection available at this store) and some cotton towels for the glass, me some MFs and Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer.

I gentley tried to remove as many bugs as I could from the painted areas while Chris was not having much luck with the glass. He went back inside and picked up a bug sponge and that did the trick on the glass.

[​IMG]

We where lucky to only run thru a small amount of rain on our way north to Little Rock.

The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. I got to drive about a third of the trip. On/off ramps where our favorite part of the drive. After the 500 mile breakin was complete, some nice long stretch of roads where fun as well. :D After 1050 miles we arrived back in Atlanta.

2. gmblack3

A few days later I was able to give the ACR a good wash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After applying some Z8:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was finally able to get the car out into the sun to see what I would be dealing with when the full detail was done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. gmblack3

Final pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

Very Nice!!

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

What a great story and The car is Beautiful Just beautiful...:thumb:

6. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

ACR's are for causing some bruises to your kidneys too, im told.

Nice car, nice job.

BTW, with a treadwear of 80... those tires are just about 1/3 worn down already

7. gmblack3

Thanks Scottie!

Thanks Buddy for your kind words.

Thanks Grey Ghost!

After a 1000 mile drive from Houston to Atlanta, I can say those reports are false. We all know that this is not a Lexus, but the 07 BMW M coupe that I am working on has a stiffer feel to it then the ACR does.

Owner has purchased another set of ACR wheels and put the standard pilot's on for the street.

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Looks great Bryon.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Man that looks like a bad ass vehicle :worship2:

Love the stance it has...reminds me of the Bat mobile :thumb:

That was brilliant to cover the front, just curious what did you guys use on the front bumper?

10. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

Looks great!

why was it so swirled, was that from the dealership?

11. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

very nice!!!

12. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

that looks like the batmobile from hell!! i mean that in a good way.... what products and what not did you use?

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What an insane vehicle, gorgeous! Cool to have a mini-detail along the way!

14. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Amazing car! imo, would look better lowered just a little bit. Never the less amazing car, I was surprised by the amount of bugs on it as well.

15. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

What a car! Very nice work

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That looks great Bryan! That sure is one sexy vehicle!

17. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

Good to know some true FACTS from experience:applause2:

18. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

wow that car is just straight MEAN looking. were those buffer trails on the car upon delivery?

19. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice looking car. I've driven through "storms" of lovebugs in Florida. Nasty. What did you use to cover the front end? Great idea!

20. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Dude, I've seen a lot of show and shine cars and click and brags and all that, and I don't know if it's the car, the lighting, the LSP used, or what, but that has to be one of the sharpest I've ever seen.