2008 Toyota Highlander

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by NoStreaks, Feb 19, 2008.

1. NoStreaks

NoStreaks Virgin Detailer

My first Show & Shine Posting
    Quick work with no Before pics, please forgive me
    Was itching to detail, despite being in the middle of a Canadian winter in Calgary
    This is my company vehicle so all my co-workers think I'm crazy for detailing it at my expense while my employer will pay for it to be driven through a *gasp* :yikes: automatic carwash! Thank goodness for my heated garage!
    I've driven it since new, though the clear is quite scratched now (~7,500 kms) due to daily winter driving and inter-provincial road trips. Alas, but snow brushes are a necessary evil out here! If Swissvax made a boar's hair snow brush & a special "dirt encapsulating" pre-spray to be applied before brushing off the snow, I'd be all over it!

Wash:
    Detailer's Pride High Yield Foam Concentrate
    Applied with a Pinnacle foam gun (medium setting)
    Sheepskin wash mitt

Dry:
    Pittard's leather chamois
    Cobra MF

Unfortunately, no time for real correction, but wanted to put some protection on it:

Meg's Clay with Meg Quick detail for lubing the paint
    Meg NXT 1.0 applied with Terry applicator by hand
    Buffed with Cobra MF

Wheels & Tires:
    No Touch Wheel cleaner
    No Touch High Gloss Foam Dressing (that's a 19" wheel with Uni-directional snow tire! - Unstoppable with 4wd!)

Unfortunately, the minute I left my garage, the vehicle was covered in slush & road grime :thud:

Attached Files:

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Hey it's NoSteaks, I've been wondering about you buddy.

First detail look at that but the windows man, what did you do on the windows?

Company vehilce and your detailing the bad boy nice :worship: now that's dedication...I'd be very tempted to wetsanding the thing but I'm sure the company wouldn't like that as eventually all those vehicles do get sold at a discounted rate :whistle:....so I've been told :whistle:

Thank you for sharing with us :thumb:

3. NoStreaks

NoStreaks Virgin Detailer

Sorry for no glass pics Nica, haven't figured out how to take a pic of a clean window yet, LOL!

Glass:
    Meg's clay
    Stoner Invisible Glass
    Applied & Buffed with a Cobra MF

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

That looks pretty awesome. That think is ready to eat up some heavy snow fall.

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Slush and road grime already huh :( it must've been sad to see her covered in such filth. Small pics but nice job :)

6. Nica

Nica Banned

lol..yea I'm having a hard time taking pictures of paint I can just imagine glass hahahahahahaha

Thank you for sharing with us...more pictures would have been nice but no worries wi'll forgive you this time hahaha just teasing buddy :chest:

7. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Congrats on the first Show & Shine NoStreaks! Beautiful red! Sorry it is dirty already! :thud: