2008 Ford Edge White - Wash, vac & Wax

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by m4gician, Jul 28, 2009.

1. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

Hi everyone,

I'm posting pics of a vehicle I worked on for a few hours today, owned by a very nice guy, very friendly and a fellow bargain hunter who contacted me on a bargain hunting forum. Long story short, he contacts me to do a clean-up of his newly acquired lease transferred car before he goes on a Road Trip.

I snapped some before and after pictures, I chose not to use my pressure washer as we both discovered that even though he thought ht had bought a good condition vehicle with low mileage, we found paint over spray, bubbling in the clear coat, and a lot of orange peel, on top of that, paint on the doors don't match and we discovered painters tape and over spray along the seams and under the door handle. So I figure, skip the pressure washer, go with the complete hand wash method.

This was a mobile detail

Wash
    - Poorboys SSS w/ Ultimitt
    - Wheels & Tires cleaned with ARO and DP Wheel Gel
    - Tires Dressed with Meguairs Hot Shine Tire Spray
    Wax
    - Sealant: Poorboys EX-P, two coats
    - Exhaust: Polished with Blue Magic Metal Polishing Cream
    Interior
    - Vacuumed
    - Leather treated with Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    - Hard surfaces (vinyl, dash, plastic) cleaned and protected with 303 and Aerospace

BEFORE:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Lookin' good! How'd you like the camera?

3. m4gician

Worked great, sorry for the mess of pictures, I'm trying to adjust it, it's just photobucket gives me such a convenient "generate code for all" tab that I just tried and it makes a mess, I'll sort the thread.

4. richy

richy Guest

Got that Edge looking good Aaron..sounds like Bargain Hunter bought a re-paint bargain of a Ford! I could see the reflection of the new Nikon in the grille; glad to see you're putting it to good use. BTW, what's the concoction you use on the wheels and tires...it seems to cling well. PM me if you wish.

5. m4gician

Thanks, it does work really well the camera. That magical formula is 2 parts ARO to 1 parts car wash soap diluted with water it saves me a lot of ARO and it foams up really well. I use that cheapy Simoniz Foaming soap which was only sale for liek $2.50 a jug at one point so I bought 10, and have been mixing ever since.

I still scrub with tire brush and PW the tires anyways, but for tires, wheel wells and wheels it's a quick mix to use to get everything done in one blast.