2008 Corvette Pace Car

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by mShu7, Jul 16, 2009.

1. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

2008 Corvette pace car belongs to one of my good customers. I picked up this vehicle about 20 minutes away so it was nice to be able to drive such a great car. It turned a lot of heads, even more on the way back.

Anyway, this was going to be a light job since this car is normally resting under a car cover in the garage. Although, the owner had taken it on a few drives here recently where he accumulated quite a bit of bugs and road grime on the front end. With 4k on the odo, overall condition was very good.

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

Lots of bugs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shoe scuffs on the drivers door panel:
    [​IMG]

Once I moved the car into the bay, I started on the wheels, tires, & wheel wells. Wheel wells were treated to Meguiar's APC 4:1. Wheels and tires were treated with Optimum Power Clean 3:1.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mini EZ Detail brush getting into the tight spaces:
    [​IMG]

Agitating the barrels:
    [​IMG]

The exhaust tips were also treated to Optimum Power Clean 3:1 and agitated with the Mini EZ:
    [​IMG]

The body of the car got an ONR bath. I also clayed the paint while washing with Mother's yellow clay bar.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since the front end had so many bugs, I pre-treated it with OPC 3:1 and then proceeded with my normal ONR wash procedure:
    [​IMG]

No more bugs:
    [​IMG]

Drying the wheels to remove any excess water before applying Optimum Tire Shine. Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing 4:1 was used to treat the wells:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving to the inside now. Since the carpets didn't need shampooed, I used a brush to fluff the fibers and loose up any dirt while I vacuumed:
    [​IMG]

The rest of the interior was simply wiped down with a warm solution of ONR. Here you can see I was able to remove the shoe scuffs from the driver's side door panel:
    [​IMG]

I also made sure to get in the crevices of the convertible tracks:
    [​IMG]

While wiping everything down, I remembered that Emerson Fittipaldi signed the underside of the middle console lid:
    [​IMG]

Since this was a convertible, I wanted max protection on the hard and soft surfaces so I chose to go with Aerospace 303:
    [​IMG]

With the interior finished, I moved back to the exterior of the car. With it washed and clayed, it just needed some protection. With it being black, I chose to go with Clearkote's Carnauba Moose Wax:
    [​IMG]

Exhaust tips were treated to Optimum Metal Polish:
    [​IMG]

Lastly, I gave the engine a quick wipe-down with ONR diluted to QD strength and cleaned the glass with Meguiar's Detailer Line Glass Cleaner Concentrate.

AFTER:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't forget the beast lurking under the hood:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! :thx

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Greta job, I'm sure it would 'turn heads' now

3. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Sweet, I use to own a 1978 pace car(Vette) another car I wish I'd had kept.:duh:

4. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for posting!

5. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

Looks great! Cleaned up nicely!

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Very well done sir, great car!

7. mShu7

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Much appreciated!

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Looks perfect, great work and attention to detail!

9. mShu7

Thanks dsms!