2008 Camry

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by klumzypinoy, Feb 17, 2008.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Well here's the story, my girlfriend's family decided to move to Texas, and guess what, they moved back. I was so happy to hear the news :D and during their short time there, she got a brand new black Camry. Sadly, during their trip back, a tumbleweed went towards her car and she couldn't go to the next lane, so it scratched her hood and got stuck on the bumper. She came by this morning so we can give it a nice wash and interior clean up. I tried my best to take off what I can. I improved it very nicely, but of course it's DEEP and I can't get it to disappear :(. Sorry guys, not much before pics... she was pressed for time so I could only do so much :eek:.

Process:
    -Wash with old Pinnacle Shampoo (just needed to use it up) and CItrus Wash and Gloss
    Grout sponge (me) Sheepskin (gf)
    -Meguiar's Hot Rims all wheel cleaner and bucket of citrus wash and gloss on wheels
    -ARO on tires
    -tires dressed with Optimum Tire Shine (I love this stuff!)
    -Dry with Guzzler and DP 4 in 1 QD mix
    -Clay with Riccardo clay (the hood barely had any contamination and the paint was slick as hell)

Correction:
    Orange low pro pad with XMT 3 and UDM speed 6
    White low pro pad 106FF UDM speed 6
    Note: Not the greatest corrections since I didn't have time, but I really had fun correcting black. This was my first time correcting black actually, and it was not metallic :). I'm in love with black now...I can see just about everything I do to the paint...

LSP:
    I needed something really quick so I grabbed this bottle of Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray (first time using it). One thing to note, I didn't have time to put it on the whole car, just the hood :(. I wanted to wax it so bad lol.

Some afters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can see on the bottom right of the camera there's the tumbleweed scratch, and below that is a finger smudge I think :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pretty much how it was all over the car :(
    She also told me that when it rained she wiped down her car :yikes::shakehead::gasp: I told her that's definitely a nono and that's why she has so many swirls

[​IMG]
    This is an after. Below the camera is the tumbleweed scratch with more finger smudges lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I don't know what it is but I really like that Toyota center cap...it's not the typical Toyota badge. To me, it gave it a luxurious look.

[​IMG]
    Optimum Tire Shine's matte gloss (old version)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Before

[​IMG]
    After (the flash is sort of blocking the scratch I tried to capture, it's still there of course but there's a big improvement :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wannabe D2G sig shot :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I felt so bad leaving the paint bare naked...Too bad she had to leave :(.
    Thanks for looking!

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

nice correction! What are you planning to finish the rest of the car with?

3. Shuskan3

Shuskan3 Birth of a Detailer

Looks good... but why did you use such a slow speed (3) on the UDM to use 106FF with?

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks guy!

LanceM - Hopefully two passes of 106FF and a white low pro pad will do the job. If not, I may try orange pad with 106ff...because all I have is that and XMT 3 in my polish arsenal :eek:

Shuskan3 - Oh I used speed 6 :p I'm sure I typed speed 6 :D

5. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Looks great hopefully you can finish it soon! Great reflection shots!

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks Tonya :) I really wanna finish it but I know my g/f isn't as anal as me about the paint...I still think I should anyways. I mean, she wipes her car down when it rains :( lol

7. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice, love the paint! Hood got MUTCH better!! What are you putting on the car next time? :headbang::giterdone:

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I'm gonna steal your Mystery :D :D :D and put that on the car next time! Haha. Thanks KT!

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

hahahahahaha I have never heard of tumble weed inflicted damage before.

good job.

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

LOL! Those things can be dangerous man...just imagine twigs put together in a huge ball, at least 3-4 feet tall..they can do some nice damage :(. At one of my friend's neighborhoods, there's a big lot of empty land and one day there was just a raid of tumbleweeds coming by. He said there was a bunch on his street..

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done there klumz :applause:

Definetly an improvement my friend. Thank you for sharing with us.

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks Carlos :) I wasn't satisfied though....I wanted to do the whole car! And I said "ARGH I have to use the spray sealant :(" I wanted to slap some Pete's 53...but then there was no time :(

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh I can totally understand what you mean klumz, but at least next time you get it you'll have a game plan and :spank: that baby...doncha worry I'll be here waiting for the detail buddy :popcorn: :popcorn:

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

:D I just hope she'll have the time to let me polish the whole car. If not, I'll just do it a few panels at a time :)

15. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Just give her your car over the weekend and that way you can finish up on her's. If it's possible for you to do. From your pic's it's looking great!.........:thumb:

16. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Very nice. I am sure she was happy to have you work and it and get it back in shape

Gotta hate those tumbleweeds :)

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is some great work my friend, the black is looking much more like what it's supposed to now! The little marring that was left, a glaze with a good wax would have taken care of that...

18. JHawk

JHawk Virgin Detailer

Nice work. You made a huge improvement. :applause:

At least they didn't hit Wyle E. Coyote or the Road Runner!...beep! beep!

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Nice start you have there man.. I agree you should talk her into taking your car.. I can't stand being rushed and actually get quite pissy when people dont allow me to talke my time

20. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks man! Yeah I should try to have the car for sometime to work on it. If not I can just work on it in pieces :p.

She was happy! She was saying that she doesn't want the car anymore lol but I said it's not even bad, no one will notice the indent the tumbleweed made unless u go close to it. Thanks for the compliment :)

Thanks a lot P1et! I wanted to work on that marring more...just one more pass of 106FF woulda helped :).

LOL That would have been a mess...blood and guts everywhere :yikes: Thanks for the compliment :)

THanks Motor :D yeah her mom was telling her that she needed to be home soon so I did what I could... I was just glad I deuglified those scratches...They turned from whitish color back to the color of the paint so it's less noticeable now :)