2008 Black S63 AMG

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by gmblack3, Apr 18, 2008.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

2008 S63 AMG w/ 5600 miles

This one shares the same chassis w/ the S65 that I detailed 2 weeks ago.

But the S63 "only" has a:

So the powerplant along with the AMG-enhanced 7-speed automatic will propel this 4600lbs beast to a AMG reported 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds.

This was a full exterior polishing and the client requested just a vac on the interior.

Sorry for the lack of pics, but sometimes you just got to get it done.

I did a vac on the interior.

I foamed, rinsed, refoamed and 2BM for the wash.

Wheels cleaned with P21S gel, swissvax wheel brush and a few other brushes. This takes about 45 mins on these wheels.

Tires and wells cleaned with 1:6 AM red hot APC.

Everything rinsed.

I then clayed the paint with Zaino clay and Z6.

Befores:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Consider that this was the 2007 black S65 from two weeks ago:

[​IMG]

So I am thinking no problem at all. I can use the same process from the black 2007 S65 that I just did.

If you look closer at the before pic from this car the swirls are deeper. Infact they are deep enough that 4-5x of SIP/orange CCS at 1700 would only get out about 60% of the defects. Both cars have the same ceramiclear finish.

I then tried M105 mixed with a little ZPC, first with a white CCS and then even a orange CCS. This is not working either.

So after consulting with the master of polishing, I figured I would have to go to 3M ECC (thanks Ryan!) I tried that with the orange CCS but still was getting nowhere fast. I took out the LC purple foamed wool and still had to make 2-3x to clean everything up.

I then followed with SIP/orange CCS/1700 and UF/blue CCS/1700.

This pic was after:
    2x of the ECC/Purple foamed wool/1700-1800
    SIP/orange CCS/1700
    UF/blue CCS/1700

Sorry I did not get all of the UF wiped off:

[​IMG]

As you can see there where still a few swirls left. So this area was polished out again with the full process.

I noticed that I was running low on SIP, so I gave Bret a call and he was nice enough to bring some by. When he arrived it was approx 2pm and I still had alot of polishing to do. So he stayed and helped me polish out the car.

I polished the left side of the car with the
    2-4x of the ECC/Purple foamed wool/1700-1800 combo

While Bret followed behind with the:
    SIP/orange CCS/1700
    UF/blue CCS/1700

We took the car out while we still had some good sun and still noticed a few areas on the left side that needed repolished. so Bret broke out the 4" orange CCS pads and used SIP to spot polish areas that needed it. Now this stilll took 2-3x with this combo and Bret was working in the direct sun so that he could see everything very well.

I started on the right side and gave the yellow edge wool/ECC/1800 a try to see if it would cut quicker. After 2-3x this seemed to work quicker then the purple foamed wool which required 3-4x.

I then followed with green edge wool and presta 1500, this worked fine and is quicker then the SIP/orange CCS combo.

Bret finished up his flawless work on the left side and come over to help me with the final polishing with ultrafina.

Bret worked the curvy from fender with the 6" euro 3M blue foam pad at speeds up to 2000 to really jewel the surface and I did the doors with the blue CCS also using speeds up to 2k.

The car was refoamed after the polishing with Z7 carwash to remove the UF polishing oils to ensure proper zaino bonding.

We applied 3x of a 80% Z5pro/20% Z2pro on shot of Z8 and 4 drops of ZFX. We also did an application of Z8.

Tires got Z-16 and wheels got ZAIO.

Dusk had arrived and I tried to take some pics without the flash and I did not have my tripod with me. :(

So of course my hands are not that steady after 8 hours of polishing and only a few came out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. g35videos

g35videos Two Bucket System Washer

Great work, about the shaky hands there is a thing called trypod and it's like $30 beats the shaky hands.

3. gmblack3

Thanks bro! As noted in the sentence above, I forgot my tripod. :(

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Hey, this one looks very familiar, hahahaha...

Very nice work, I found that paint reacted very well to Zaino.

5. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

wow... so its that hard to polish ceramic clear ...GOOD JOB!!!

6. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Tough looking Benz! love the recovery process Bryan. Wish i had one of these.......:applause:

7. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Stunning work Bryan. Simply amazing...

8. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Very nice job and car!:thumb:

9. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

Great results! I have a Black CLS55 AMG lined up next week that's in much worse condition than this one. Hopefully, i can get it looking as good as yours. :applause2:

10. gmblack3

Thanks P1et!

Thanks Tuner! From the 2 that I have polished in the last few weeks, I'd say its 50/50. :)

Thanks Angelo!

Thanks Pat!

Thanks GBS!

Thanks! I think Phil polished out a 55 AMG that was in pretty bad condition as well.

11. Rydawg

Rydawg Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Superb work Bryan!

It's always a pleasure helping you my friend.:support:

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Gorgeous, just gorgeous :worship2: :worship2:

Thank you for sharing with us :peace:

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

How did I miss this one?

NICE ONE!

14. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Beautiful job!!
    I think the pics are great!! :giggle: I stink at pics!!!!!!!!!!!1

15. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Good job! The car looks great.

16. gmblack3

Thanks again Ryan for your help!!!

Thanks Carlos!

Thanks Phil!

Thanks Tonya! I still have alot to learn about taking pics.

Thanks er1k024!

17. richy

richy Guest

Bryan..thanks for taking the time to outline your challenges and steps..we all learn from seeing these..oh,ya,..and btw....AWESOME JOB!!!:applause2:

18. mystickid

mystickid Virgin Detailer

Super wetttt!!!!!!!!!!!! phenomenal

19. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Great work Bryan, that is a tuff job a BIG BLACK BENZ is always a handful= jewelling for hours.

20. EisenHulk

EisenHulk Birth of a Detailer

Looks sick, Bryan!!! But hey, what else is new?